Sunday, December 12, 2010

Marching Snowman for Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge, Curtain Call Color Challenge and Squiggle Fly's "Think Snow" Challenge

Wow!  Wow!  Wow!!!  I'm so excited about my new card!  I just love coloring with my Copics and know that I have a lot to learn when it comes to shading and such.....but, just looking at the end result makes me so happy sometimes.  I mean, you start out with this stark white paper and then it ends up so colorful and beautiful.  It amazes me every time I finish an image.

So, THREE challenges for today's card!  Gotta love it!  I started out knowing I was going to use something from Squigglefly Digital Stamps.  I just bought a bunch of images and felt like coloring........and since we are supposed to have a huge snowstorm, I had to pick one of the snowman images that I bought.  I love snowmen, but these snowmen created by Cheryl Alger are just too cute!!!  And since Squigglefly's challenge was to use snow on your project.........an adorable snowman would be just perfect!


Next, a sketch!  Mojo Monday's #168 sketch would work perfectly with the image I chose.  The only thing I had to do was turn it sideways since my image was horizontal. Add in some colors (which I didn't expect to use) and you have the cutest card.  I totally expected to use bright blues and some yellows or pinks and then I saw Stacey's Curtain Call Act 60 Color Challenge.  Why not make him a bit country instead???  It worked perfectly.   See for yourself!




Don't you just love that puffy snow???  This is the first time I used Liquid Applique on a card.  I love the look!
 The best part of this card is how wonderfully the design paper matched the colors for this challenge.  Honestly, it was a steal!  I got it at JoAnn's for $1.00!!!!  I loved the patterns and olive greens and picked it up on a whim.  I hadn't used it, and when I saw the color challenge I remembered that I had bought it.  It worked perfectly.  The rhinestones were also in Michael's $1.00 bin and the deep red really pulled through for this color scheme.


The inside of the card is all nicely decorated with a strip of paper that matches the matting on the front.

 Materials Used:
Squigglefly Digital Stamps - Marching Snowman
PTI cardstock - Ripe Avocado & Stamper's Select White
Colorbok design paper - Joyful
PTI - Trees with Trimmings (sentiment)
PTI - Scarlet Jewel Twill
Copic markers - C00, C1, E47, E49, E17, E18, R59, YG67, YG63, G12
Martha Stewart - Florentine Gold glitter Glue
VersaFine ink - Crimson Red
Liquid Applique - White
Rhinestones

21 comments:

Kara said...

that snow is awesome!!

Karen C. said...

Stephanie, this is so awesome. The snow looks really fun - it adds a lot of texture and dimension.

Cathy Weber said...

Love the puffy snowballs and the snowdrifts. You sure did a good jobs making one card for three challenges. Your patterned paper was perfect for this and you have the copic shading down pat. Great job.

Colleen Begley said...

Cute, cute card! Love it.

Maureen said...

oh wow!!! This is fabulous!! love the patterned paper and all the texture :) Thanks for joining us this week at Curtain call :)

Kristii said...

Wow!1!! What a cute card!!! Love the colors and the snowman!!! The snow is absolutely fantastic!

Rose said...

Wow what a great colouring job!!!
I love the puffy snow too, and how you pulled together such a fun image with this paper

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fun card! Love those puffs of snow. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Holly said...

Stephanie this is darling! I love how you matched the colors of the paper with your coloring. The snowflakes you made are great! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card! Great take on the sketch and great use of the colors. Thanks for playing with us at Curtain Call.

Lorraine said...

Beautiful job on the challenges! Love your design and your country snowman! Liquid Applique IS fun, isn't it!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Great cheerful card! I like the snow. :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Fun, fun card for the holidays!!! Fbbo take on this weeks colors...thank you for joining us at the Curtain Call!!! Hugs ~S~

Amy said...

Love love the puffs of snow! You're right, these papers match perfectly for this challenge!

Terri said...

Great job! Love the snow. I also like how the sketch looks turned too.

Monica K. said...

Very cute Christmas card! I love the white embossed snow.

BethieJ said...

Stephanie this is DARLING! I LOVE everything about it.. that image is just to CUTE!!!
Happy Holidays!

Jean Martin said...

This is sooo cute!!! Thanks for playing with us this week!! :)

Christina said...

Super cute snowman! The liquid applique works perfectly as big, fluffy snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

lotte chew said...

fab card!! love the snowman and the patterned papers!!!

Jeanne said...

Wow! Love this card. Thanks for sharing your fun creation. It almost makes me want to go out for some Cross Country Skiing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...