Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gift Card holders! Yippee!!!

I had a pretty productive day today.  I got many gifts finished up........18 book markers for my students (I'll post pictures of those once the sleeves and tassels come in), 1 tissue box cover (another post, probably tomorrow) and 4 Gift Card holders!!!

These turned out absolutely adorable.  I do have to give credit to Sue Ann over at the PTI forums.  I mentioned that I was looking for a template for GC holders and she PM'd me and told me to check out her blog.......Well, look what I found:  Click to see!  Now, her GC holders are just beautiful and decorated so perfectly.  I wanted something a little more casual....only because I have so many of them to make.  So, I took her idea, and put a twist on it.



These are what I came up with!


Mat Stack #4 decorates the outside but it is what I cut out of the inside to put the GC into!  Pretty cool, huh?  No waste because I used both parts in and on the holder!

I used Limitless Circles dies on felt for the perfect backing for the 2010 Christmas Labels.

Not sure if you can tell, but I did have to cut a little slit on both ends of the Mat Stack #4 because the opening just needed to be a bit wider.  It worked perfectly with taping as close as possible to the outside.  That GC is nice and snug in there.  No way it is coming out without a good tug!


So, how do you do this?  Very easily!  

I started out doing exactly what Sue Ann suggested.......cutting a piece of cardstock to 4.5"x11" and scoring it at 3", 5.5" and then 8".  This is where I changed things up a little.  At this point I took my Mat Stack #4 die and centered it over the 5.5" line and ran it through my Big Kick machine.  Then I saved the die cut for decorating the outside.  Next, you fold the score line that you just cut over so that your paper looks like a tent and tape the tent together.  Then, you fold the other score lines the opposite way making a little card.  Finally, I taped the center flap to the back of the card.  

For the front panel, I just cut 4"x2.75" pieces of patterned paper (PTI's Christmas Prints) and taped it on using my ATG gun.  Then I adhered the Mat Stack #4, topped with the felt Limitless Layers: Circles die cut and then my Christmas Labels stamp.  I simply wrote on the Mat Stack w/ a glitter pen, but you could also stamp "To/From" right on the Mat Stack.


Thanks again, Sue Ann! 


I hope you enjoyed today's post!  
Happy Stamping!

22 comments:

Sue Plote said...

These are awesome! I love the DP, the limitless layers, and the tag you chose is perfect! Great job!

Sue Ann said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ......... they look fantastic!! I do love the mat stack and I do love that shape so I might have to use that one the next time because lord knows I am always in need of a gift card holder!!

Stephanie said...

Well, a big ole TY to you for coming up with the idea and sharing it with me! Even my DH asked if I would make some for him!

Jen Carter said...

What a cute idea!! Love how you used the Mat Stack in both places and didn't have any waste!

Cathy Weber said...

I will be making these this weekend Stephanie! Thanks to you and Sue Ann for the idea.

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to see pictures, Cathy!!!

Amy said...

Love love that you did this with NO waste! These are super cute....and on my list of things to try. I'm having a hard time keeping up with your blog with you having so much mojo lately! :)

Terri said...

These came out great! I am going to have to give these a try now too.

Chris said...

Whoa... those are just awesome! I'm going to have to try one of these! Thanks for the idea!

Gayatri said...

Love the traditional Christmas colors and love the sets. Thats remind me, I need to make some gift card holders too!

Anne B said...

Wow these turned out great! Love the colours and paper you used :)

Karen C. said...

I really like this idea - I have a few gift cards to package, so will give this a try. I like the way you used the Mat Stack die as well.

Danielle said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to try this myself!

BethieJ said...

Stephanie I LOVE them!! They turned out FANTASTIC! It sounds like you were a BUSY crafter! I cant WAIT to see all your treasures!
THANKS for playing along on the 12 days of Xmas!
Have a GREAT day!

Kara said...

awesome..these look great!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Fantastic idea!! Great choice of colours and patterned paper too.

Tricia said...

These turned out so cute.

Lee Anne said...

Wonderful ideas! Thanks so much for sharing! I needed something like this.

Kristii said...

These are just perfect!!! I just love the colors you used!!! I may have to make a few!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

Belinda said...

These are just so fabulous! Love the fun colors and patterned papers you used!

Lisa F. said...

LOVE these!! Thank you for posting the directions as well!

Debbie Gaydos said...

These are soooooo cute! I'm so glad I found this post, I've used this design a couple of times now and will use it again, I'm sure! I just posted the first ones I did. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...