Sunday, December 5, 2010

First Baby Card for SCS Sketch Challenge and Color Cue #10 Challenge

We have a set of friends who just had their 3rd child and can you believe it, I had no baby stamps!  Of course, I had to remedy that right away......LOL  Since I've been totally hooked on buttons, I just had to purchase PTI's Baby Buttons set so I could use even more on cards.  ;-)



I'm really working on getting all of the Color Cue #10 challenges done for this month.  This is #6 of 7!!!  One more to go and I will have done a card using every single one of the combinations.  I have until Tuesday (and so do you, if you want to play along) to get the last one done.  I'm hoping that I will get it finished today.

This color challenge was picked by Hannah Craner.  When I decided to make the baby card, this worked perfectly because they had a little boy.  I wasn't quite sure how to pull that red in (other than the button) but I think the little, tinier than tiny, Swiss dot paper really worked.

To go with any color challenge, I like to have a sketch to pair with it........enter SplitCoastStampers!  They always have great sketches available on Wednesdays.  They are my "go to" sketch center if I am stumped or just can't get the mojo workin'.  This is their Sketch Challenge #309!




I felt the need to use my new Wrinkle Ribbon (that I made....YAY!!!)......but I'm not sure I like it on this card.



Just a peek at the inside.

I think our friends and their little boy, Reece (love the way they are spelling his name), will enjoy this little card.



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Baby Button Bits stamp set
Kraft and Stamper's Select White
2008 Bitty Dot patterned paper (light blue)
Mambi Color Basic - Red
Pure Poppy button
Memento ink - Tuxedo Black
Copics - B97, B95 and B91
Cuttlebug A2 embossing folder - Swiss Dots
Dark Chocolate Wrinkle Ribbon (made by me!)



5 comments:

Heather said...

Very cute Stephanie!!

Noora said...

Such an adorable card, love it!

Cathy Weber said...

You would never realize you had no baby stamps! Your card using Outline alphabet makes a perfect little boy baby card. I love the embossed dots along with the bitty dot paper layers. The inside of your card looks so nice and finished too. Great job.

Babies- Beth said...

Ohh, love that baby card! I always like red and blue together! Adding kraaft makes it seem less fourth of july-ish.

Kim O'Connell said...

Embossing, wrinlked ribbon, and a button embellie! What's not to like?!?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...