Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Tags that will fit 4 Challenges!!!

Yep!  I can't believe it myself.......I got this to work for 4 challenges, but being that most of them were "tag" challenges for this time of year, it was pretty easy.

All 4 tags lined up!  They turned out so cute!  I think I'm addicted to Swiss dots!
I'm not sure if you can see it in the pictures, so you may want to click to enlarge them........but, how cute are the little ribbons at the top???  I learned how to tie these adorable knots using THIS wonderful Maile Belles tutorial.  I just think they will look so awesome on Christmas packages.




These are the challenges which inspired the tags:  It all started with another Color Cue #10 Challenge (my 5th one out of 7 for this month!!  Yay!!!).  This time, I used Kerrianne Gwin's color palette.  I wasn't quite sure how Christmas tags would turn out without any red, but I really like how the two greens played off of one another.

Next inspiration was 2 Sketches 4 You and their #67 Merry Christmas Sketch Challenge.  I really enjoyed using this simple sketch for the tags.  It actually came together pretty quickly once I picked my papers out to fit the color challenge above.

The third and fourth challenges were easy to fit.......Gina K.'s site has a Set of Tags Challenge for their new stamp release party.  The only parameter was to create 4 tags.  And, finally, Our Creative Corner has a Tag, You're It! Challenge where you have to make a tag.



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
2009 Holiday Tags stamp set
Dark Avocado, Spring Moss and Stamper's Select White card stock
2008 Bitty Dot patterned paper
Tag Sale #1 die and Limitless Layers Circle die
Dark Avocado and Spring Moss ink
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Cuttlebug embossing folder - Swiss Dots
Copic Multiliner 0.5 pen (for the faux stitching around the tree)


This is my first set of tags that are larger for gifts.  I really enjoyed making them and I hope you enjoyed taking a look!  Thanks for visiting and for leaving any comments.  

Happy Weekend!!!

9 comments:

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous tags, Stephanie! Love the color combination. Great work as always :)

Ingrid Danvers said...

The tags are really beautiful, Stephanie. TFS!

BethieJ said...

Stephanie these are LOVELY! YEAH for getting in 4 challenges!!
Have a GREAT day!

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

Great tags, I love the color combo too!

Sara Mac said...

Wonderful tags Stephanie! Beautiful color combo. I really like the textured dots on the tops.

Danielle said...

Love these tags!! Now I have to get Bitty Dot Paper :o)

Karen C. said...

The soft greens and the tree + die cut makes such a sweet tag. Your paper choices add a lot of texture to the tags.

Cathy Weber said...

Wow, one design for four challenges! You did a great job. I love the design and those ribbons look great. Love the use of the Bitty Dot paper on these tags too.

Jinny Newlin said...

Such sweet tags, Stephanie! Thanks for playing along with the Color Cue!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...