Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Card for "My Mikes"

Yep!!! He's all mine! No trades! No Give-backs!  Who am I talking about?  My wonderful husband.  I don't quite know when I started calling him "Mikes" but it has become my "pet" name for him over the years.  So now you are wondering why I'm telling you this..........well, because you will see it on his card.

You can't see it here, but inside the bird that is dropping the star, I colored all of those dots red to match the belly of our "Red" that comes to visit daily (read below).
You may be wondering why I would use birds on my husbands card.  Well, we have two cardinals that live around our house and in our trees.  Mike has named them "Red" and "Loretta."  We see them every day outside on our trees and they make a nest every spring on our front porch. 


Inside was digitally thanks to The Crafty Nomad blog and Tiffany Doodles!
 This inside was all done digitally.  Just click on those links in the caption and it will take you directly to the freebie images that I used.  I simply downloaded them and arranged them in word to fit on the the white card stock.  Then I altered their color in word so that they wouldn't just be black. The holly border was just perfect because it tied in the holly that I stamped on the tree for the front.


Here's a close-up of that snow.  I have never used Flower Soft before and I just love the effect it gives!  So snowy and pretty!
I used a piece of pearlized vellum that I cut into a hillside.  Then, I used the thick end of my Tombow glue and spread it over the top of the hill.  Next, I sprinkled on the Flower Soft....and out came such a wintry scene. 



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Merry Little Christmas stamp set
Vintage Ornaments stamp set (outside sentiment)
Pure Poppy, Pine Feather and Stamper's Select White cardstock
Michael's - Pearlized vellum
Flower Soft - Polar White
Color Box chalk ink - Warm Red
The Crafty Nomad - Holly Border
Tiffany Doodles - "All I Want for Christmas" sentiment



Thanks so much for taking a peek at my blog today!!!  
Have a great Tuesday!

 

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Fabulous card!! I know he loved it :)

Kristi said...

Such a sweet card..Cardinals are my favorite birds and I think it is neat that your hubby named the ones in your yard!

christy compton hall said...

Beautiful! I don't have this set but I love it! Such a gorgeous card, and a lovely story - thanks for sharing!

Debbie Gaydos said...

This card is GORGEOUS! So sweet and soft looking... I love it!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Very sweet card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...