Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cheerful Winter card for Play Date Cafe Color Challenge and Clean & Simple Sketch Challenge

I'm back!!!  2nd post for today, so be sure to check out my first post with the most adorable country snowman you ever did see!!!

This was a very simple card......I'm almost embarrassed to post it.  But the colors were there.  I never used stickers for any of my cards......and, well, I thought, "Why not?"

For the Play Date Cafe #59 Color challenge, you had to use 2 shades of blue and purple.  Once again, I just knew that I wanted to use my new Creative Memories Cheerful Winter design paper.  As I was pulling it out of the package, I saw the winter stickers that came with it and the huge tree!  I had to use them!


For the Clean & Simple #120 Sketch Challenge, you had to use a larger image and 2 different patterned papers that would coordinate (of course).  Once again........enter Cheerful Winter.  The lovely stripes and the deep colors would be perfect with that large tree!  Add a sentiment sticker on the outside and some little accent stickers on the inside.......and your card comes together in less than 15 minutes.  Not too shabby!







I may not {heart} winter if we get all the snow they are calling for this week......LOL



Materials Used:
PTI cardstock - Enchanted Evening & Stamper's Select White
Creative Memories - Cheerful Winter design paper & stickers
Michael's ribbon

5 comments:

Heather said...

Very pretty Stephanie!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I think your card is gorgeous, no matter how simple. Simple = more time for other fun stuff! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE this card--that tree is super gorgeous! I do not like winter--too cold!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the color story over at the PDCC:}

Andrea Ewen said...

Super pretty! Great fussy cutting around that tree and what a lovely image it is! Awesome job with our colors...and all around elegant card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous image choice, and I love how you've layered the tree with the stripy paper. Thanks so much for joining us at the play date cafe this week :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...