Monday, December 6, 2010

Caffeine Problem for Off the Wall Craftiness Color Challenge and Skipping Stones Sketch Challenge

Hmmmmmmmm..........What could that title mean???  It means, I love my coffee and so do many others!  So, when I saw the stamp set from Skipping Stones called Funny Coffee - Vol. 1......I knew I had to buy it.  I'm just hoping that since this is a "Vol. 1" set that that means there will be a Vol. 2!!!!


School was canceled today due to snow and that means extra crafting time for me!!!  I was up super early and did some shoveling then I hit the craft cave!  I knew when I saw the Off the Wall Craftiness #36 Color Challenge that it would be just perfect for a "coffee" card!  Pair that up with the Skipping Stones #53 Sketch (since now I actually have their stamps to use with THEIR sketches) and you've got a winner!














 Coffee anyone??? 

That coffee cup stain looks so darn good in VersaFine's Vintage Sepia.  It actually looks real!

Love the inside???  I stamped off the ink once before stamping the image again on the inside of the card.  This makes it light enough for someone to write over top of it.  I was really tempted to sit this by my husband's coffee cup and see if he panicked because he thought he set his cup on it......lol

Materials Used:
Skipping Stones Designs - Funny Coffee - Vol. 1
PTI card stock- Dark Chocolate, Kraft and Stamper's Select White
PTI patterned paper - Sugar Plum & 2008 Bitty Dot Basics
PTI dies - Medium Scallop and Victorian Lace Border
Gina K. ribbon
VersaFine ink - Vintage Sepia
PTI ink - Dark Chocolate



I hope you enjoy looking at these humorous cards.  Sometimes, I think you need these ones that make you chuckle.  I know I need a bright spot in my day and hopefully these cards do the same for someone else.

11 comments:

Jaclyn Miller said...

Ohhhh, I think I might need that stamp set too. I am a coffee-a-holic. I have a sign in my kitchen that says "crabby till I get my coffee". I love your card and it WAS a match made in heaven for this week's OTWC colors. Glad to have you playing along.

Heather said...

Love it!!!

Lorraine said...

That's a cool coffee stamp! I love coffee! I bet Jill will love this stamp, too! Love the browns on your card!

Ted said...

Stephanie, this is a really fun card...and now I have to go check that stamp set! ;) Great job!

Kelly said...

Love the coffee stain stamp! So cute!

~amy~ said...

♥love it♥

Sue Plote said...

Very cute, Stephanie! I love it!

Amy said...

This is perfect for the OTWC challenge this week! I am not a coffee drinker but I love the little "ring" stamp you've used!

Tammy said...

Oh my did you really make the perfect combination of stamps and colors work or what! PERFECT! I love everything about your card... A-Dorable little coffee ring! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at OTWC and Good Luck!

Lee Anne said...

Great job with that color challenge and all the details you added. Wow!

Kandi Phillips said...

Love that sentiment inside the coffee ring! Perfect colors wiht this set, you rocked the sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...