Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Birthday GC holder for Squigglefly 79 Challenge!

It's a snowy, blustery day here in Pennsylvania.........so, after some baking, wrapping, and some Christmas gift crafting, I decided to take on a challenge!!! 

Squigglefly's challenge this week is to make a gift card holder any way you want!  Since I'll be needing one of these in January for a birthday, I wanted it to center on that (I've already gotten all the GC holders done that I needed for Christmas).



So, here it is!

This adorable GC holder is pretty tiny.  It measures 3" wide by 4.25" high.  Just big enough for that gift card inside.
Love all those sparkely sprinkles!  I used 5 Martha Stewart Glitter Glues to match the patterned paper.




Isn't it just adorable???  I actually used 2 Squigglefly images for this Gift Card holder.  I couldn't pass up purchasing the Birthday Set just because of this vertical sentiment!  I don't think there are enough of these around.  When I saw this adorable Birthday Cupcake......I knew they were a match made in heaven!  I love that I can size these however I'd like using Paint Shop Pro and make the two images work together.

The PTI Sugar Plum patterned paper is just perfect for birthdays because of the star bursts and bright colors.  They were easy to match with my Copic markers which then became the colors I used for the cupcakes.  The key ingredient to making this whole thing work is PTI's Mat Stack #4 die.  It's the perfect size for the GC.  You can get the directions for how to make this cute GC holder by looking at my previous post where I gave directions:  CLICK HERE.  I made a bunch of these for Christmas and used the exact same pattern.

Materials Used:
Squigglefly Digital Stamps - Birthday Set & Birthday Cupcake
PTI cardstock - Plum Pudding & Stamper's Select White
PTI ink - Plum Pudding (sponged around edges of the mat stack
PTI die - Mat Stack #4
Copic markers - B14, B91, V15, Y21, Y23, R27, and YG63
Martha Stewart glitter glue - Fire Opal (flames), Purple Sapphire, Golden Beryl, Canelian and Lapis Lazuli



Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog!!!  

I'm coming up on 100 posts!  
Look for some blog candy coming soon!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the die cut for the gift card holder! I need to make 3 gift card holders... and am going to try this tonight!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! This is really adorable!! LOVE the colors you've chosen for this image!! Great gift card holder!!HUGS

Karen C. said...

Stephanie, our blog is all sparkly and glittery today!! Sweet cupcskes and the sentiment is awesome.

bumblebee creations said...

I love your card holder! I think I now have to go and buy both of these images too!!! I think it is so adorable!

Sandi said...

Stephanie - Great job on this gift card holder!
Thanks for playing in our challenge!
☺ Sandi
DT for Squigglefly!

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

What a fun and whimsical card, for some reason it reminds me of Alice in Wonderland!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...