Saturday, December 4, 2010

Adorable Magnets with container!!!

This is my 2nd post of the day.  Be sure to hit the "Home" button and scroll down after this post to see another cute gift.......Post-It Note holders with pens!!!


Okay, so I'm really excited about this post and how utterly easy it is to make these for gifts.  It all started when I was reading Skipping Stones' blog and it was Tips & Tricks Thursday.  I thought these would make awesome little gifts.  I knew I already had Diamond Glaze (just like the Glossy Accents) so I knew it wouldn't be that costly.  I went to Michael's to get the flat, glass gems and the magnets.  Needless to say, the Michael's in my area did not carry the gems in a big enough size.   So, I came home and got on Etsy to take a look.  I found a great seller at Willow Run Crafts, and they had EVERYTHING that I needed to make my magnets.  The shipping was also ultra fast.  I think I got my items 3 days after my purchase.  I'm one happy crafter!

The Dome Circle Cabochans are perfect sitting on top ready for gift giving.

This is the tiniest little gift that is just so adorable.  I really wanted bigger tins so that I could put this large magnet (38mm round) inside, but it worked out great to use them this way, instead.

Just a little peek inside.

All opened and ready to use!
Aren't these just gorgeous????


And, BTW.......If you like these items and decide to purchase any of them from Willow Run Crafts......mention my blog, they will give you an 8% discount!!!  I may go back and order more myself......lol



Here are the details! 


Here is the tin with the Cabochans sitting below it.  The Cabochans are a 38mm (1.5") circle and really are a nice size to put images under.  I can't wait to try PTI's Tiny Treats: Christmas using these....They will fit just perfectly!

The slider tin is 2 1/4" x 1 1/4" x 3/8" and fits 3 tiny magnets to match the larger one inside.  I just made a strip of paper to fit around the tin in a coordinating patterned paper as the magnets. This paper is My Mind's Eye - Summer Papers.

The tiny, glass gems I got here, as well.  Michael's only had this size.....so, you could easily find them there.





Here is the same picture as above only I flipped over the large magnet so you could see the back.  I ordered the magnets from Willow Run Crafts, too, because they looked so small and thin.  They worked perfectly for the smaller magnets.  I simply attached them with more Diamond Glaze.  It worked like a charm.

I did order the 50 Neodymium Rare Earth Magnets and I can't believe how strong they are.  They will hold a little over 2.1 pounds if you use them on a fridge.  You'll see how strong they are when you get to the end of this post.  


 



I had to show you this picture because I could NOT put these any closer because they kept attracting one another.  These puppies are STRONG magnets.












Added this picture so that you can see a different set!


Thanks for looking at my 2nd blog post for the day!  Like I said in my earlier post.  I was very productive today.  I got 7 large magnets made for 7 office sets (another post for another day) and 4 of these little sets done.  My list is getting smaller and smaller!!!!



7 comments:

Rose said...

These are too cute!! Love the paper you chose for under the magnets! And that huge magnet is awesome!

Lorraine said...

These are too cute! I've made these in the past and still have quite a bit of the glass gems and magnets left over. (I got sidetracked into making large office-type magnets last Christmas, lol.) The pp you used is pretty. I'm sure they'll love it.

IamDerby said...

Stephanie these are adorable!

Linda said...

These are fabulous! Thanks for supplying the source!!

steph said...

These are such awesome gifts! I love little magnets like these and think about all the possibilities for images you can use! So fun!

Kristii said...

Such a cute little set and the papers you used are perfect!! Thanks for supplying all the info!!! Your instructions and photos are fantastic!!

Karen C. said...

ohh... floral magnets. Yours are so pretty. They certainly would brighten up anyone's fridge or work space.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...