Monday, November 1, 2010

Warm Winter Wishes for Skipping Stones Design sketch challenge


I have to keep in the groove of making cards.  Now that the HYCCT challenge is over, I'm afraid that I'll lose my card creating mojo!!!


So, in order to keep up, I've entered another sketch challenge.  I simply love all of these little squares........Add in some beautiful patterned paper and you definitely have an "eye-catching" card.

This is the first time I've done a Skipping Stones Design sketch challenge........so, I can't wait to do even more.     






I just loved this Christmas paper by DCWV.  They had in 8x8 packs at JoAnn's the last time I stopped and I had to buy 2 packages of it because I simply loved every one of the designs in the entire package.  I'm also a sucker for matching embellishments and it came with matching brads....lol  And.....it was on SALE!  Put all those reasons together and you can totally understand my reasoning behind buying it.  Right?

This paper combined with one of the stamps from PTI's newly released Friendship Jar - Holiday Fillers and you have a great combination.  I tried something a little different by stamping in Cottage Ivy Memento ink instead of the usual black and I really like how it turned out.





Then, of course, I had to get a close up of the itsy, bitsy little glitter glue centers for my snowflakes.  They came out so cute and round.  It's will take overnight for them to dry so that I don't accidentally flatten them.

I also tried so hard to match the red in the patterned paper, but I didn't have the exact color in my Copic markers.........so, I used R29 on the image first, then I went back over that red with E39.  It came out a perfect match.  I'm so happy with it.

You can't tell, but the stars are done with a glitter pen and those came out cute, too.




Materials Used:
PTI - Friendship Jar - Holiday Fillers and Snowfall (sentiment) stamp sets
PTI - Pinefeather & Rustic Cream CS
DCWV - Christmas Combo 8x8 pad
Copic Markers - R29 & E39
Memento ink- Cottage Ivy
Sakura Gelly Roll pen - #551
Brilliance ink - Galaxy Gold
Martha Stewart glitter glue - Cinnabar

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey Stephanie!! It is so cool to see that you JUST started stamping!! I would have never known by looking at your projects!!! Looks like you are a natural!!

Thank you so much for playing along at Skipping Stones Design! We will have a new sketch tomorrow on the blog. I hope you have time to play along!!

Check us out on Facebook and bring your friends...we are having a "Friends With Benefits" challenge!! See you there!!!

~amy~ said...

WOW...such a wonderful take on the sketch...those patterned papers are perfect! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Tamra said...

Love your card...the DP really is cute,,,can see why you liked it...so glad you joined us at SSD..hope to see more of your creations!

Kandi Phillips said...

Yay so glad you found us, I love your card! And would definitely love to see you back again! Such cute patterned paper and you are totally justified in your purchase! ;) Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

christy compton hall said...

Looks great! You picked beautiful papers! I love a layout with tiny squares :)

gladyschia2010 said...

Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us on SSD!

Brenda said...

This is stunning! You used such great colors and designs and they really show off that beautiful stamp! Thanks so much for playing along with us at SSD!

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!! Love the papers you chose and the snowflakes are beautiful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...