Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Very Nice HYCCT Surprise!

Another quick post as Thanksgiving is almost here and I'm preparing all the necessities for an awesome holiday with family.

I was so surprised to get the following letter in the mail yesterday.  It's the kind of thing that brightens your day no matter what kind of day it was (talk about a "bad" Monday).



As many of you who follow my blog know, in October the SplitcoastStampers forum hosted a "Hope You Can Cling To!" card making event for the entire month.  Every day I would come home from work and couldn't wait to see the next challenge for the next card that I would be sending to UT MD Anderson Cancer Center.  I ended up sending a total of 36 cards in 2 different packages, one in the middle of the month and one at the beginning of November.

I totally enjoyed making all of these cards and sending them.  I can't wait until this event occurs next year so that I can make/donate even more cards.  I'm glad I could give someone something to look forward to and bring a little happiness to their day.

5 comments:

Chris said...

What a fun challenge set for a wonderful cause! Good for you!

Amy said...

Stephanie- I think what you did was a true gift and so heartfelt! Thank you for doing this!

Lorraine said...

Oh how cool is that?! It must really warm your heart to know that your efforts truly touched people's lives. Awesome!

Karen C. said...

What an amazing contribution you have made, Stephanie. I know that 'crafters' enjoy the feeling of giving all year long, but especially when you have such an important challenge like this one was for you. Congratulations!!

Lydia said...

This is so amazing! THank you SO much for being a part of this challenge and lifting the spirits of so many!!!

xo,

Lydia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...