Sunday, November 28, 2010

Time to Get Together........Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge and another Color Cue Challenge

Can I just say how much I love, love, love MFT's "A la Mode" line of stamps?"  They are fun, and cute and have just the perfect sayings.  I have 4 sets of them, but I'm working on getting each and every one of them.  They are just perfect for my girlfriends.





Sooooooooooo..........for the challenges:  Mojo Monday #166 Sketch Challenges are always top notch!  They always get me thinking and I just loved this sketch with the "tilted" flare.  It was perfect for this MFT stamp.





 Add in another Color Cue #10 Challenge (there are 7 of them that you can post with until Dec. 7th!!!) with lots of purples and a pop of red.....and well, you have an adorable card for a friend. 




I don't actually know where the purple plaid paper is from as I picked it up at a crop on the "share" table a few months back......but, it worked perfectly for this card.  I also used it to paper-piece the girl's pants.  They weren't that bad to cut out and it really pulled the whole card together.

I wasn't quite sure where the "red" would tie in (no pun intended....lol) for this color challenge, but that ribbon just draws the eye!  I think it just grabs the eye and really finishes the card.  I'm so excited about this color combination!


Not sure if you can see it, but I used Diamond Glaze on the clock face to give it some dimension.  It really perked it up!

I actually had this card made last night, but had to wait until the Diamond Glaze was dry to photograph it.  I think it turned out absolutely darling.  I have 4 of these available in my Etsy shop!!!


Materials Used:
MFT - A la Modes - Take Time stamp set
PTI - Plum Pudding card stock, Pure Poppy satin ribbon and Beautiful Blooms II dies
Cuttlebug - Paisley A2 embossing folder
Copics - V17, E25, E35, YR23, Y23, E000, E00, and E11
Gelly Roll - Silver Star glitter pen
Provo Craft - e. rhinestones
Diamond Glaze
Unknown - Purple Plaid patterned paper


9 comments:

Lorraine said...

Girl, you rock the color combo challenges! Tough combo, but you made it look easy...and beautiful! Love the paper piecing and the glazed clock face. That image is cute!

Chris said...

Awesome challenge!! The paper piecing is fabulous!

Michelle said...

I definitely like the red ribbon - - I love cards that have a few basic colors and then something totally different for the pop - - totally makes it.

Laurie said...

Adorable! Love that splash of red!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh she is so PRETTY!

BethieJ said...

I LOVE it!! What a GREAT color combo!!
Have a GREAT day!

Kelly said...

So pretty and I really like the diamond glaze!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is darling, Stephanie! Great take on Dawn's Color Cue!

Amy said...

You are doing a great job with these Color Cue colors lately! Keep them coming! I don't have any of the A La Modes (yet) but I do like their loonnnggg legs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...