Monday, November 29, 2010

Thinking of You card for Color Cue Challenge

Just a quick post, today...........but, I'm back with yet another Color Cue #10 challenge!  Yep, this is #3 for me with these color combinations!  I just love the fact that there are 7 combinations for us to use this month (go check them all out).


This card is made with Jinny Newlin's colors.  Boy, did it give me fits!  I think I changed this card at least 100 times.  I even quit last night with everything laying on my desk out of total frustration.  Then I revisited it this morning and changed it another 100 times and I think I've got a decent card out of it.  Funny how your mind just has a mental block sometimes and you just have to keep working through it.

I usually have a sketch to go with these color challenges, but none were quite right.......so, I did my own layout.  Not too bad, actually.

I just love this {stamps} of life set flowers2share.  So many possibilities, whether sympathy or thinking of you, or just because.  And...........since it's almost December 1st, new surprise stamps are on their way to me!

Don't ya just love my new floral frog to hold my cards???  ;-)  New purchase at Michael's this weekend......lol

Materials Used:
the {stamps} of life - flowers2share stamp set
PTI - Ripe Avocado, Kraft, and Stampers Select White card stock
PTI - Banner Borders die
Creative Memories - Mediterranean card stock
VersaFine ink - Deep Lagoon and Onyx Black
VersaMagic ink - Spanish Olive and Red Magic
QuicKutz - flowers A2 embossing folder
Cuttlebug - Swiss Dots A2 embossing folder
3 copper eyelets
Prima - Christmas flowers

5 comments:

steph said...

AHH!! I HAVE TO PULL OUT THE BORDER DIES! I have had them for about a solid week now and haven't used them once.... I think I'll pull them out tonight! Thanks for the inspiration!

Denise said...

What a cutie! The colors are great together - you pulled it off!!

Karen C. said...

Love all the embossing on your card - it always adds so much to plain cards stock. Very pretty design and layering too!

Maggie said...

Neat use of the border die!

Jinny Newlin said...

Yea, Stephanie! Thanks for trying out my Color Cue! Such a pretty take! LOVE all the fabulous texture and the fact that you finished the inside of the card, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...