Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thanksgiving Place Setting Treats!

I have 6 guests coming to stay with us over the Thanksgiving vacation.  So, I'm trying to start early with the cleaning and the decorating.  I can't believe that I finished these all in one morning!

These also fit the Off the Wall Craftiness Inspiration Color challenge, so I'm submitting them for that, too!
Here are the colors for the challenge and the inspiration photo:   



Aren't these colors just perfect for Thanksgiving??? I have to say that the bridal party in the top left of the inspiration photo is just gorgeous in these colors.  I took my inspiration from the flowers and the little tag in the bottom right.  It let me use leaf stamps instead of something "traditional" for Thanksgiving (I don't have a single turkey stamp).

Sooooooooo............Here they are!  I hope Mike's family likes them.



I found the most perfect little Chocolate Truffles in these awesome plastic tall jars (another picture for another time) at Sam's Club.  I couldn't pass them up because of the jars.......lol  Then I thought about these little favor boxes and it all came together.  Now, I can't wait until Thanksgiving morning when I sneak out to the dining room before everyone is awake and put these at their seats!

Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Dark Chocolate CS
Dark Chocolate and Orange Zest ink
Favor-It #1 die
Mat Stack #1 die
Falling Leaves stamp set
Tiny Treats stamp set (plaid stamp)
Taylored Expressions - Buttercream CS
Memento - Pear Tart ink
Delica Chocolate Truffles


Please go back to my home page and scroll to the post below this one.  This was my 2nd post of the day and the one below this highlights all of the cards I sent to the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center.  It also includes an update with the number of cards sent to the hospital for cancer patients.

16 comments:

Stamper for fun said...

So darling.

Ted said...

Stephanie, these are wonderful! Very charming and I'm certain your house guests will find them endearing! :) You're a good hostess!

Keva said...

Oh gosh, those are SO cute! What a fabulous idea for your guests!

Amy said...

These are so cute!!! If I weren't on call this thanksgiving, I'd make some of these! Great idea!!

Monica K. said...

Beautiful job!! They turned out great! Very elegant.

BethieJ said...

Stephanie these are DARLING! they are gonna LOVE them.. I LOVE to buy things for the jars too! :)
Have a GREAT day!

Lynnette said...

These are adorable. Thanks for playing Off the Wall Craftiness Challenge

Kelli said...

WAHOO!!!! I came from SCS to see what I was missing to make this... eek... the Favor it Die#1.... Check ! It's comin to my house now!!!! LOL

These are SUPER AWESOME!!!!

Jen Carter said...

Perfect and fun!! These will be a hit!

Ingrid Danvers said...

These Favor It bags are so lovely. They'll love them.

KER said...

delicious projects!!!

Sue Lelli said...

These are just ADORABLE and sure to put a smile on everyone's face! Just FAB!

Tammy said...

These are just adorable, and I am so impressed you are done already! I think your guest will love them!!!! Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at OTWC and Good luck! :-)

Monica K. said...

Congrats on winning the OTWC challenge!! :) These really are so cute!!

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Monica! Had you not said that I won, I wouldn't have known. I did check OTWC blog this morning for the new color challenge, but didn't even scroll down to see the winners because I NEVER win.....lol

Amy said...

Congrats Stephanie on winning OTWC!!! This was a great project!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...