Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lean On Me - Mojo Monday Sketch & Our Creative Corner Inspiration challenges

I loved, loved, loved this creative challenge from Our Creative Corner the first time I saw it; but, putting it together became really trying.

I knew from the time I saw this photo that I would use Fine Linen, White and Kraft for my main colors.......but, I also wanted to tie in some olives (for the plant in the background), pale yellows (for the flowers), and chocolate brown as an accent.  I also knew right away that I wanted to try my new Victorian Lace Die from PTI.  This whole picture just screams........soft, ruffles, and lace to me.



Next, I turned to some sketches for this week to give me a layout that would work.......and Mojo Monday was the one I picked.  This is the first time I'm entering their challenge.  I'm always so intimidated by the awesome submissions that are turned in week after week......I can only hope that I compare just a tiny bit.







I have to say right off that my ribbon is definitely the most scrumptious chocolate brown you ever did see.......but, my camera had other ideas for it......lol

I saw one of Gina K.'s cards in which she double stamped images lighter for the background and I couldn't wait to try it on this card.  So, I put the ink on my leaf stamp and then then stamped it on a scrap paper, then onto my Stamper's Select White.  I did that twice (for the background leaves) and then inked up and just stamped the leaf regularly.  I really like the affect that has.  I'll definitely have to try that on more cards.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my card.  Your comments are always appreciated and any suggestions will definitely be taken to heart.


Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Fine Linen, Stamper's Select White, Kraft, Dark Chocolate CS
Sugar Plum & 2008 Bitty Dot patterned paper (flower)
Victorian Lace and Small Scallop dies
Gina K. - Lean On Me stamp set
Versa Magic ink - Spanish Olive
Versa Fine ink - Vintage Sepia
Cinnamon Stickles
Offrey - Brown Silk Ribbon


ETA:  I just didn't like my solid kraft color at the top of the matted image, so I changed it to the above.  I actually added some white cut out Victorian Lace rather than using the negative.  This was what I had before I changed it. 

This is the before shot.  I'm so glad that I added that white.  I like it much better now.

8 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

So pretty, love how you're really made the neutral colors work together!

Keva said...

This is gorgeous. I love how ou used the colors...very pretty, Stephanie.

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL card Stephanie! I LOVE your take on the challenges!
Have a GREAT day!

Sue Plote said...

Stephanie, this card is amazing!!

Stephanie said...

Thanks everyone. But, did you ever have something on a card just not look right. Something is bothering me on this one and I may try to change it. I think it's the kraft Victorian shape near the top.....I may add a "lacey" section to see if I like that better.

Loli said...

GOOD JOB FROM SAPIN, MY ENGLISH IT'S VERY BAD.
GOOD LUCK.
LOLI-FROM TALLER DE LOS RECUERDOS CHALLENGE OUR CREATIVE CORNER

Mrs. Miles said...

Your card is so nice and clean and simple and I love the sentiment. I'd not thought of this for a sentiment and yet it would be perfect for so many occaisions. I really love how this turned out.

Amy said...

I think this is just as pretty as the inspiration photo! Love the lace addition!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...