Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hugs to You!!!! Mojo Monday & Curtain Call Challenges

Good morning!!! 

I'm so excited to share with you my next card.  Again, I'm using new stamps that I got from the {stamps} of life, but I'm more excited because I finally I have a set of sympathy stamps in which I truly love all of the sentiments.  Making sympathy cards is difficult enough, let alone picking the right words to use.  Stephanie Barnard came up with the most wonderful sentiments that will work on both the outside AND the inside of my cards.

This card took a long time for me to come up with (around 3 hours to plan and make).  I don't think anyone would ever guess that a card can take that long.   But, with combining the sketch and the color challenge (that has 5 colors), it is a long process for me.......especially starting from scratch.  Add in the sewing and finding the perfect embellishments and ribbon and you have a lot of time involved.  Right now, my desk looks like a tornado hit it.  You should see all of the different papers I have strewn all over it.....lol

You can't tell but the sentiment is heat embossed w/ clear embossing powder.  It really looks much prettier in person.  I also hope that you can see the leaves on the left.  Those are also from a new stamp set from the {stamps} of life called Friends4Ever.  I simply used Spring Moss ink on top of Spring Moss CS so that it wouldn't take away from the focal point.
I just love this inside sentiment.  I used the Friends4Ever stamp set to decorate the top right corner of the card with another version of those beautiful leaves again.  I just love this set, too!  Can you tell?

I mentioned that this will fit 2 challenges and it will work for both the Mojo Monday 164 Sketch Challenge and the Curtain Call Act 56 Color Challenge.  I really am happy with what I came up with combining both of these challenges. 



Materials Used (All PTI materials, except stamps and buttons):
the {stamps} of life - Sympathy4You and Friends4Ever
Dark Chocolate and Spring Moss card stock
Polka Dot Parade and 2008 Bitty Dot patterned paper
Orange Zest and Spring Moss ink
Dark Chocolate silk ribbon and felt
Gina K. - Fall button assortment
Janome Sew Mini - Stitch H/Tension 4



Thanks for taking a peek at my newest creation. 


6 comments:

Noomiy said...

wow! i love this one! beautiful colours! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

super cute! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Kelly said...

I like how you mixed the patterned papers. Super cute!

Sue Plote said...

Very cute...love the way you used the papers, and the stitching is way cute!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card... nice use of the colors. Love the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call.

Christina said...

Lovely job with these colors, Stephanie! I especially like the bit of stitching and the three buttons. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...