Sunday, November 14, 2010

Christmas Stripes for the Skipping Stones Design #50 challenge

Yep!!! I'm back for post #3..............So, keep on scrolling!!!!  I'm going to try my best to get one more card done before 10:00........Then it's all "PTI November Release" time!!!  I'll be tired getting up at 5a.m. tomorrow, but it will be worth it knowing that I got my new goodies coming right to my door this week.  ;-)


I really had fun with this challenge.  I'm usually pretty particular with Christmas cards......nothing cutesy or fun.  Usually dark, rich colors are what appeal to me.  So when I saw this sketch from Skipping Stones Design......I pulled out the PTI Christmas Prints paper and decided to go with stripes!




Here's my take on the sketch!!!

I broke out the new patterned paper and also my new medium scallop die.  I decided to put it on both sides for the red strip and I loved it because it matched the big focal circle.  Added some Swiss dots with a Cuttlebug folder and you have everything coordinationg.  Love the result.

I had to keep the circles going throughout the card so I decided to use a border stamp from PTI's Background Basics: Christmas set.  It pulls it all together!


Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Trees with Trimmings, Inside & Out: Holiday and Background Basics: Christmas stamp sets
New Leaf & Pure Poppy card stock
Christmas Prints design paper
DCWV - Summer Dream design paper (focal circle)
Versa Magic ink - Red Magic and Watermark ink (border stamp on inside)
Medium Scallop die
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder


Thanks, again for scrolling through my blog.  I really do appreciate all of your comments!

4 comments:

Barb's Boys said...

Awesome job! Welcome to the papercrafting addiction club! LOL

Thanks for playing along at Skipping Stones Design!

~amy~ said...

Oh I ADORE your take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Kandi Phillips said...

So cute, I love that paper and you did a beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Sue Plote said...

Very cute, Stephanie. I don't have that set, but this makes me wish I did!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...