Sunday, November 14, 2010

Caffeine Free Coke, Anyone??? Happily Ever Challenged and Clean & Simple Card sketch 116 challenges

WOW!!!  Four posts for me today.  Incredible!!!  And, believe it or not, I got some major cleaning done for all of the company coming for Thanksgiving........windows, hard wood floors, dusting, etc.....It was a jam packed, yet PRODUCTIVE day!

I'm truly excited about this next card.  Ted has a huge challenge this month for his anniversary and I've been contemplating it ever since he posted it on October 31st on his blog.  Happily Ever Crafter is his blog and he is so funny and creative (thus his blog name).  For his one year anniversary of 12 monthly challenges, he's pulled out all stops.  In his words...."You're going to go to your kitchen and find something (ANYTHING that's food or kitchen consumable related) and use that as your inspiration. Preferably, I want it to have a label or some brand or something on it so you can use it as your inspiration."

I literally have looked at my pantry for 14 days!!!  Tonight while having dinner, I looked at my Caffeine Free Coke and an instant light bulb went off!!!  Oh, how I was hoping that I'd have some red, gold, and white design paper.......Then, I thought............Hmmmmmmmm..........What embellishments should I use??  I had to make this just right.   Oh........My perfect pearls that I got for the HYCCT challenges.  Is there gold?  Yes!  Score!!!

I'm sure you get the picture.  Next, I went hunting for a sketch to use. I found it with Clean & Simple's 116th sketch for this week.  So, I'll first show you my inspiration, and then wow you with my CLASSIC Winter Wonderland Coke card!  ;-)



 Here it is!!!

I can't believe that I had everything to match the Coke can.  The red is perfect, the gold swirly snowflakes, the Perfect Pearls accent on the kraft paper.  I just love it.

The inside sentiment and a leftover strip of the Perfect Pearl Kraft card stock.  Finishes it off nicely.

I had to get a close-up of the Perfect Pearls on the Kraft card stock.  It is so shimmery and beautiful, but you don't get to see that in the full view card picture above.


 My creative mojo was right on for this one and I'm so excited that I actually found something that would work.  I know that I didn't get to use the word "Classic" on my card (didn't have that word in any of my stamps) but, I think the card itself is "classic."  So, that is good enough for me!  ;-)

Materials Used:
PTI - Rustic Ivory and Kraft card stock; Snowfall & Snowfall Additions stamp sets
Imaginisce - Twinkle Toes design paper
Recollections Dimensional Stickers
Versa Magic ink - Red Brick
Spellbinders - Curved Rectangles
Tim Holtz - Perfect Pearls in Perfect Gold (in spritzer w/ water sprayed on the Kraft CS)


Thanks again for looking at my blog..........and Ted???  Thanks for the super challenge!  I loved it!

7 comments:

Ted said...

Stephanie, this IS classic! I love the colors you chose and those flakes are beautiful. :) So well done! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!

Chris said...

Ah, what a fabulous and fun challenge! You did a great job. Your card is beautiful!

Anne B said...

Oh gorgeous take on the challenge - love your swirly snowflakes and the perfect pearls on the kraft is amazing :)

Rose said...

Gorgeous take on the inspiration - and kudos to you for being so brave!! Love your card, but the shimmery Kraft is my fav part of it all!

Karen C. said...

What a beautiful card - all the elements work so well together. Your snowflakes are so pretty!!

Kristin said...

You did great!! I am in LOVE with this card!! (even tho I am truly a DP lover at heart!! hehe). this is one FAB card!!

Sue Plote said...

Way cute!!! Great job combining a couple of challenges. Love the paper and the swirls (and the sentiment and the snowflakes....)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...