Saturday, November 27, 2010

Button Balloon Birthday for Gina K.'s Color Challenge and Skipping Stones Sketch Challenge

This is post #2 for the day........so, be sure to scroll down to see the Vintage Christmas set I made for one of my SILs.

I am so happy that I got to start from scratch today and play with some new PTI goodies and some new Basic Gray papers.  I've so many new things arrive this past week, but since I've been filling Christmas card orders, I haven't had a chance to just play.  Well, today..........I got to!!!



I combined Gina K.'s Color Challenge using aqua, green apple and white with Skipping Stones' Sketch Challenge to get a darling little birthday card.  I couldn't wait to play with my new PTI goodies from the November release.  The first thing I reached for was the Banners Border Die.  I also got to use PTI's Simply Chartreuse card stock and Basic Gray's Marjolaine design paper.  The end result???  Total cuteness!!!

I decided to turn the sketch to the right 90 degrees so that the balloons could stand up nice and tall.







See those chartreuse buttons?  I used my YG25 Copic marker on a clear button to match the card stock!  ;-)

You may have to click on the picture to enlarge it to read the birthday sentiment from PTI's Birthday Basics stamp set.



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Everyday Button Bits stamp set
Faux Ribbon stamp set (outside sentiment)
Birthday Basics stamp set (inside sentiment)
Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse and Stamper's Select White card stock
Basic Gray - Marjolaine design paper
Banners Border Die
Vintage Holiday Mix Buttons
Copic marker - YG25
Creative Memories - Simply Beautiful paper flowers
Stampin' Up - Glitter Brads



14 comments:

Lorraine said...

Ooh, love your card! Beautiful take on the sketch and the color challenge (I'm still scratching my head on that one). I've got to play with my new goodies, too!

Denise said...

This makes me some kind-of happy! I love everything about this card... banner topper, buttons, design... the whole sha-bang is FAB!!

Amy said...

I love this Stephanie and your layout is great! I just got some Skipping Stones stamps here recently and I think I'm going to like them too! Thanks for linking up your card at the PaperDolls Blog! (I can't wait for the banner border dies to come back into stock so I can snag 'em!)

IamDerby said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors on this!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

oh my is this ever cute, great colors and design....so fabby...have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

Barb's Boys said...

Gorgeous card, awesome use of the colors! Can't wait to see what you do with the Skipping Stones Design sets (fantastic sale this Tuesday!) Thanks for playing along.

Kandi Phillips said...

Love how you rotated the sketch! Those colors and papers are amazing, love it! Hope your SSD stamps arrive soon I can't wait to see what you do with them! :) Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

Monica K. said...

Great card! I love all of the details and colors.

BethieJ said...

FABULOUS! What a GREAT color combo! (I so cant WAIT for the borders to come back in! :) )
Have a GREAT day!

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

I love love love this card! The colors are so fresh, and the layering so fun!

Emily said...

Fun card! I love it!

~amy~ said...

This is sooo pretty...love the colors! Great job on the sketch...thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Design!

gladyschia2010 said...

So pretty! Love it!

Cathy Weber said...

As much as I love Christmas cards, it was so nice to see something non-holiday related! I love the colors you chose and the banner die is so perfect. Have to admit I haven't used mine yet, but love what you did with yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...