Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Balloon Lift card for Sweet Sunday Sketch and W Plus 9 Color Cue

I had so much fun putting this card together tonight........although it took me about 2.5 hours to combine everything.

I just love the W Plus 9 Color Cue Challenges and this month, I'm just in heaven because each of their designers picked their favorite color combination and you get to submit cards for all 7!!!!  I love, love, love combining color challenges with sketch challenges.  So, this will definitely assure me a great variety for the rest of the month.

Tonight's card uses the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge and Elise's Color Cue challenge colors.   I plan on submitting cards for each of the color pallets but I chose Elise's first.  Why Elise's you might ask?..........Because I have been downloading several of Dawn McVey's Color Couture card templates and patterned papers and I remembered that she had some teal patterned paper. And, since I just got more printer ink today......I couldn't wait to print some of these puppies out.  

I also just got PTI's Everyday Button Bits stamp set last week and I have made a promise to myself to make a card with each of the little images because they are just adorable.  So, I posted this for the Papertrey Paper Dolls' "Button" challenge, too. BTW......Thanks, Amy...I wouldn't even have known about this challenge had you not posted about it.


These two patterned papers are Color Couture Vol. 8 in the September download.  Aren't they just gorgeous together???  Thank-You, Dawn!!!!  I just love the little teal dots here and there on the brown/cream polka dot paper.

Just the blank inside with more of the yummy teal patterned paper as an accent.

Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted)
Everyday Button Bits stamp set
Terracotta Tile, Dark Chocolate and Vintage Cream CS
September's Color Couture - Vol. 8 downloadable patterned paper
Beautiful Blooms #2 flower dies
Prima - Winter #3 flower
Versa Fine ink - Deep Lagoon and Vintage Sepia
Creative Memories flower - Delightful
Stampin' Up - Glitter Brad
Gina K. - Autumn buttons




17 comments:

Lorraine said...

Stephanie, this is so pretty! I love your color combo.

Amy said...

Oh these colors are great! I can't wait to play along too! Your card is fabulous....you may have used a sketch and color palette but your card is awesome! Link it up at the Papertrey Paper Doll Blog too!

Emily said...

I would not be a fan of that combo just looking at the swatches but you've made a really great card from it! Love that Lagoon ink.

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

I love this card! You're making think I need that stamp set. STOP! okay... no don't stop. ;)

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is just so stinkin cute!! That Button Bits set has long been on my "someday I should buy this" list, lol! And I love how you incorporated the Color Couture paper!

Kristin said...

I love my button bits set!! This card is so awesome!!

Rose said...

Love your card! I like how you combined your patterned papers, and even included some in your flower!

Eva said...

Stephanie you balanced these colors out very well....love the card!

Chris said...

Beautiful combo. That is set is very versatile, isn't it? I have it on my wish list, but just haven't bought it yet!

Terri said...

Great job. I love my button sets too I really need to use them more though.

Karen C. said...

Button sets are so much fun! The balloon image is one of my favs. Love the colour and sketch combo too!

Michelle Philippi said...

2.5 hours...for real? Ohhh I would lose patience after hour 1. Good for you...this is very clean...looks like you were focused for sure and I like that you finished off the inside (something my lazy butt never does).

Jinny Newlin said...

Just cannot get enough of those button balloons! Thanks for playing with the Color Cue!

Denise said...

I love this color combo. Anything with buttons makes my heart beat faster! Great job!

Jill said...

Cute, cute, cute, Stephanie! I have *got* to get that stamp set out and use it again!!

Elise said...

A lil' thrill, a big JOLT and a happy YEAHOOOOO! Love, love LOVE your use of these colors! WHATEVER inspired you {!} hee hee This is some SERIOUS fantastic paper craft m'dear! Thanks for sharing this fabulous piece with the Color Cue! Yee Haw!

kasia c. said...

Beautiful card! The colours are fantastic, I love the way you put them together! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...