Monday, October 18, 2010

THREE "Hope You Can Cling To!" challenge cards

I got home today to find my Taylored Expressions October Key Ingredients kit waiting for me at my doorstep!!!  Gotta love "happy" mail!  So, I did what any good stamper would do.............I tore it open and went to work.  I made 2 of my 3 cards tonight using these beautiful papers.  I already can't wait to get it again next month......lol  If you want to know more about the Key Ingredients club, click on the badge on the left sidebar.

Now to the cards!  Three of them tonight, because Michael is at his dad's watching Monday night football.  When the husband's away.......the wife's gotta play (with stamps, that is!)


Card #1 - Hope You Can Cling To! Ribbon, Ribbon, Ribbon challenge:  We associate the pink ribbon with breast cancer awareness. My challenge to you is to use a ribbon (any color) on your card, use as much as you like in any way you like. 

So, I didn't go pink, on ya........but, I did come up with a very cool ribbon flower.  Not sure why I'm in a "rustic", country type of creating mood tonight, but I loved these ribbons and colors together.  

Materials Used:
PTI - Scarlet Jewel, Kraft & Rustic Cream cs; Scarlet Jewel Ink; Inside & Out: Thank You stamp set; twine
Taylored Expressions - button and grosgrain ribbon
Gina K. - grosgrain ribbon



Card #2 - Hope You Can Cling To! Pop It Out challenge:  Today's challenge is for you to create a card using pop dots to POP your stamped image or any element off your card!

You can't really tell, but the centered circle is raised up on four pop dots.  It really looks nice raised up like that.  I also just love the copper embossed tree.  


Materials Used:
PTI - Ripe Avocado & Rustic Cream cs; Dark Chocolate Ink; Falling Leaves stamp set
Taylored Expressions - orange silk ribbon; Lagoon & Satillo cs
Imaginisce - Apple Cider Design paper
Martha Stewart - Copper Embossing powder





Card #3 - Hope You Can Cling To! Somekinda Hope I challenge (I did part 2 of this challenge earlier this month......before the first one.....yeah, I'm weird, I know):  This one is going to be a little different and take a little twist on something you already know.

Take ...


  1. Something old (preferably something that has been in your stash for a year or more, if you haven't been crafting that long *GASP* that's ok just pick your oldest thing)
  2. Something new (something just out of the wrapper or you know you just got from the store recently)

This is the 2nd card that I made using my October Key Ingredients kit from Taylored Expressions.  Can you just say........Lovely Fall Colors???!!!  Totally yummy!  I just love all of the combinations you can come up with using all of the cardstock and design paper. 


Materials Used:
PTI - Rustic Cream cs; Dark Chocolate Ink; Dark Chocolate buttons; twine
Taylored Expressions - Pinecone cs
Imaginisce - Apple Cider design paper
Stickles - Cinnamon



I hope you enjoyed looking at my Monday creations.  Thanks for your comments, as always!

2 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very nice cards! I like the embossed tree on your second card posted and the last card with my favorite!

Ted said...

Stephanie, these are all great cards, but I especially love the first "ribbon flower" card... so creative!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...