Monday, October 4, 2010

Sympathy Card for a Special Friend

I had the daunting task of making a sympathy card for a very special friend this weekend.  It's so difficult when you know a family so well and then have to put that into a card. 

I was really struggling with ideas for what to do and then I came across Nadine's blog entry through PTI's forum.  There's a thread there that everyone posts to when they update their blogs........so, I go and look at all the links throughout the day because you get such wonderful ideas.  Nadine's is where I found some inspiration. 

Although my card is not a true CASE (copy and steal everything) card.......it's pretty darn close.  So, Nadine?  If you are reading this, you get all of the credit for this one.  TY so much for the inspiration when my mind was completely blank.


Materials Used:
PTI - Ocean Tides & Aqua Mist CS
PTI - Year of Flowers: Larkspurs
PTI - Mat Stack #4
Cuttlebug Folder - Victoria
My Sympathy stamp - Unknown
Misc. - Sparkley Vellum & 4 tiny black brads

5 comments:

Kara said...

very pretty card! i hope the adhesive sheets work for you! can't wait to see what you make:)

Carlotta Vachon said...

Stephanie, sometimes it hits so close to home that you have to uplift. Your card will be very emotional to the recipients...remember that. Who cares about the inspiration, coloring or color scheme. Just know that your card will be appreciated. This card is lovely and all credit is dually noted.

Nadine said...

Lovely Stephanie! Im glad I could give you some inspiration but I agree with the poster above that your card will be appreciated for the thought and love behind it. You're a good friend!

Emm said...

Sympathy cards are the hardest to make. I think the recipient with be appreciative of your thoughtfulness!

Terri said...

Great CASE. She is a wonderful person to get inspiration from. I am sure your friend will appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...