Saturday, October 23, 2010

"Hope You Can Cling To!" Vintage Style Challenge

This has been, and probably will be, the hardest of all the HYCCT challenges for me. Since, I am new to card making and I don't have many embellishments........and I have NOTHING that is "vintage"......lace, ribbon, charms, etc......it became a bit of a "creative" issue for me.

I have literally been racking my brain since I saw this challenge posted. I kept looking at everyone's entries, just hoping that I would get an idea just so that I could START. So, I started looking for vintage images and Mike asked what I was doing. I told him about the challenge and he said he had a ton of images that were vintage and let me use the one in this card. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to my sweet hubby!



Here are the details of the HYCCT - Vintage Style challenge: Today's challenge is to show us your vintage style! Use anything you've got: vintage-style stamps, images, gorgeous vintage laces and buttons...anything! And if you throw in some gorgeous vintage pink, all the better! Have fun!




Before using the Shutterstock.com image Mike gave me, I colorized it in Sepia brown using Paint Shop Pro X, so that it would work with the browns that I wanted to use in my background.  I really like how the card turned out, but I am definitely NOT a "vintage" girl!

Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise marked):
Shutterstock.com image
Embellishments stamp set
Dark Chocolate, Spring Rain & Kraft cs
Dark Chocolate ink, felt, and button
Peace Be Still dies
Kaiser Craft - Natural Grosgrain ribbon
Colorbox Chalk Ink - Creamy Brown
Versa Magic Chalk Ink - Agean Blue and Cloud White

1 comment:

Ted said...

Love the blue and brown combo, Stephanie...and that image is adorable. You did a wonderful job with this challenge! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...