Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"Hope You Can Cling To!" - Twine Time Challenge

It's day 5 and there's another Breast Cancer Awareness Challenge!!!

Today's challenge:  Time for some TWINE!  Twine is so hot right now AND I adore it!  I challenge you to use it in a fun and unusual way.  Challenge yourself to think outside the traditional TWINE tied button and have some fun.

I have never used twine EXCEPT to tie off buttons........lol  So, I have a big roll of it and it sits.  I remember seeing blogs where they used twine to make what I call "cat's whiskers."  Does anyone remember making this with a friend when you played with a big piece of yarn???  Oh, those were the days.  I sometimes get to relive all that in the spring when my 5th grade girls learn how to do some of those neat finger/string art images.....Jacob's Ladder, stick of butter and cat whiskers!!!


Anyway, this is the card I made for the challenge.


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Framed, Falling Leaves, and Wreath for all Seasons
Card Stock: Terracotta Tile, Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Terracotta Tile, Ripe Avocado and various others
Gina K. button

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love, love your card! I love how you mixed the elements from Falling Leaves with the grapevine wreath. Very cute!

Emm said...

Great idea to use the leaves and nuts with the wreath! I will definitely be picking up the wreath set with my next order!

Sara said...

What a great idea to use those little leaves with this set! I just ordered the wreath set and I'm hoping it will come this week. I saw your link in the forum and I'm glad I clicked to check it out. =) I'll have to try this too.

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Ooh, very original! Love the different coloured leaves on the wreath!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...