Friday, October 22, 2010

"Hope You Can Cling To!" Thank Heaven for Little Girls and SCS Card Sketch 303 Challenge

Wow...........What a week!  I had no time to do any crafting and I can tell that my "mojo" is waning.  It took me over 2 nights just to come up with a few cards and I just don't feel like they are up to what I normally make.  I hope this goes away soon.

This card will fit for the Hope You Can Cling To! challenge called Thank Heaven for Little Girls.  I also used the SCS Card Sketch 303 challenge for inspiration.

For the HYCCT challenge, you were to draw inspiration from one of 4 areas I have listed below:

1. The Pictures: It's quite evident in the pictures below that these two little girls are quite proud of their PINK possessions. Make a PINK card inspired by one of these pictures or by a single PINK possession seen in one of the photos. THANK HEAVEN FOR PINK POSSESSIONS!

2.
Your Childhood Memories: Make a PINK card inspired by one of your very own PINK childhood possessions. If you are like me and grew up somewhat of a tomboy and maybe wasn't quite the PINK little girley girl, then think of your favorite childhood possession and pretend it was PINK! If you ponder hard you might eventually remember that you DID have a PINK possession. I did, betcha can't guess what it was! THANK HEAVEN FOR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!

3.
The Song Lyrics: If you have your own little girl, a niece in your family or if you know a little girl in your circle of friends, take inspiration there and make a PINK card inspired by her. THANK HEAVEN FOR THAT LITTLE GIRL!

4.
The Breast Cancer Patients at the MD Anderson Cancer Center: Make a PINK card inspired by all the women who are undergoing breast cancer treatment all of whom grew up in a most delightful way and are now fighting for their life. THANK HEAVEN FOR MD ANDERSON! 

Here is the sketch for the SCS challenge:

For the sketch, I didn't have ovals to use for my main image, so I stuck with the traditional square.  I'm going to try to get some oval Spellbinders soon.......but, for now, I have to work with what I have.

For the inspiration, I chose to use my childhood memories.  Why?.......Because I was a tomboy growing up.  I ran through the alleys with my 2 brothers, played baseball and softball, worked in the garage with my dad and just loved animals and bugs of all kinds (except the kinds of bugs that buzzz.........BEES!!!).  Ladybugs and lightening bugs were my favorites.  So, when I saw this challenge, I immediately thought of the image I got from Digital Delights called:  Thinking Pink Lara.  She was just precious and I knew that I couldn't wait to color her and make a BC patient smile.


Isn't she adorable?


Materials Used:
Digital Delights - Thinking Pink Lara
Neenah Solar White cs
PTI - Hibiscus Burst & New Leaf cardstock
My Mind's Eye - Summer design paper
PTI felt - Hibiscus Burst and Vintage Cream
PTI - Scarlet Jewel Button
Martha Stewart - Decorative Punch and Curry Glitter Pen
Diamond Glaze (head and wings)
Copics - C1, C2, C3, B95, R20, R59, E000, E00, E11, R81, R83, R85

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...