Friday, October 29, 2010

"Hope You Can Cling To!" - Sentiments ONLY challenge

Second post of the day, so be sure to scroll down after this one!!!

There was a challenge earlier this month that was "NO sentiments" and that was difficult......but with today's challenge having to go ONLY sentiments.....that was even harder.  My issue was finding a stamp with a "worthy" message to fill a card front.  Well, I found it!  Love this sentiment and it couldn't be more fitting for someone at UT MD Anderson!!

Here are the details for the HYCCT - No Sentiments challenge:  Make a card or project using a sentiment as your only stamped image. You can use any embellishments, punches, ribbon, paper, etc!


I decided to try Dawn's October Color Couture download this week.  I just loved these doily cards featured right before the release.  So unique and fun......AND.......I got to be creative with something other than a square or rectangle.......lol

I had to wait for my matte photo paper to come from Amazon......but, I'm so glad I did.  It's the perfect weight to make a template (my printer won't print right on PTI's cardstock).........so, I made a template to trace onto the cardstock. This way, I won't have to waste ink printing it every time.

I like the C&S style and the little rhinestone strass just added that last little touch!!!  One of my favorites!

Materials Used:
PTI - Year of Flowers: Morning Glories stamp set
PTI - Plum Pudding and Stamper's Select White CS
Creative Memories - Lavendar CS
Versa Magic - Purple Hydrangea
PTI - Color Couture October download (for doily card template)
Punches - 1/16 and 3/16
Recollections - Rhinestones Strass

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Stephanie this is so pretty! I love the bling you added!

Ted said...

Love the color and the added bling! Beautiful!

Baseret said...

This is beautiful, Stephanie!

Terri said...

Very nice! What kind of matte cardstock did you get?

Stephanie said...

I'm not sure Terri. I was at a crop a few weeks ago and the Creative Memories consultant had packs of paper separated. I bought a few sheets of this or that. I think it may be the Lavendar cardstock. Sorry that I can't give you specifics.

Monica K. said...

Gorgeous, Stephanie! I love how you added the border to the edge of the card and the rhinestones are a great touch too!

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh WOW, so PRETTY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...