Sunday, October 31, 2010

"Hope You Can Cling To!" Inspiration challenge & TE sketch challenge

I will apologize now for such a long post...........so, if you want to get right to the card........scroll down a little.



I can't believe that this is the last card of the HYCCT challenges. I truly am saddened that I won't be up early tomorrow awaiting the hostess to post the new challenge.

The card for this challenge, I would have to say, is the one that I am most proud of. I never imagined that I could come up with something stemming from a collage of images. But, you know what? It was easy when you had a reason, when you know there will be happiness to follow when someone gets to give YOUR card away.

This card is also a TY to Lydia and all of the other hostesses of these many challenges. SplitCoastStampers is a large forum, with so many things going on. I can't believe how wonderfully organized the challenge was and how much good is coming out of it. This has been my therapy. This has been my "happiness" from losing someone so dear to me early on this month. No one can ever know how much these challenges were needed.

I truly THANK YOU......SCS members and mods......because I know that our cards are going to give many patients "the hope they need to cling to" in order to beat this terrible disease.




Now........On to the card and the combined challenges that I used this card for.

The HYCCT #31 challenge was just that.......A CHALLENGE!  Here were the details:  Your task today is to go to Etsy and choose one of their beautiful Treasury Lists for your inspiration. Post a link to the Treasury list you chose in your card description and here in the chatter thread. When you go to their Treasury page, you can search the Treasury lists in the search box at the top right. For example, you can type in "pink" (or, in my case, blue) or "wood" or anything that strikes your fancy. This was sooooooooo cool.  Talk about color challenges or inspiration......This was just wonderful!!!  

The arrows show where I drew from to get my inspiration.
Now it won't surprise many of you that I did search for "chocolate".......lol  Honestly, I was thinking of this because of PTI's Dark Chocolate cardstock........not the kind you eat.  You believe that, don't you?  Anyway, there were so many pages that I bookmarked because I never thought of the wonderful combinations and colors that were paired with chocolate!!!  Next, I printed them out in little squares on a word document and took them down to my craftcave to see what I came up with.

The flower on the small plate in the upper right, was my inspiration for the flower stamp in my main image.  The polka dot boxers inspired my background.  The mini pearl flower paintings helped with the background print that I stamped on the Ripe Avocado cardstock. And finally....... the avocado color throughout the picture (but especially, those gloves) gave me my color combination.




This was the sketch for the Taylored Expressions #132 card sketch challenge.  It was such a nice sketch to work with......especially since I sort of had an idea for the colors and image in the center.  Everything just came together.

 





Here is my card featuring BOTH challenges!





Materials Used:
the {stamps} of life - Backgrounds2Build and Thanks2You
PTI - Rustic Cream and Ripe Avocado CS; 2008 Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper; Dark Chocolate ink, Small Scallop die
Versa Mark (flower background on the Ripe Avocado_
Versa Magic - Spanish Olive
Memento - Rich Cocoa (sponged around focal image)


Thanks for looking and leaving comments.

4 comments:

Keva said...

Very pretty card! Love the images so much.

Eva said...

I like the design of this card...the color combo is great also!

Ted said...

Stephanie, I really would not have guessed you're "NEW" to this... this card is beautiful! :)

Emm said...

Great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...