Saturday, October 23, 2010

"Hope You Can Cling To!" - Handmade Embellishment Challenge, Clean & Simple #113 & OTWC challenge!

I'm back with my 2nd post of the day!  Be sure to scroll down to see my "Vintage Snow" card below this post!

This card will be submitted for 3 challenges!!!  I'll be using it for the Clean & Simple Sketch 113 challenge, the Off the Wall Craftiness Inspiration Colors challenge and the HYCCT - Handmade Embellishments challenge.


This is the challenge for the HYCCT challenge:  I LOVE embellishments - especially those pretty packaged embellies that are everywhere on the market! But... let's face it. These pretty packages can get expensive! So, here's my challenge for you: MAKE an embellishment for your card! Maybe you could stack a couple of buttons and tie them with twine... or create custom ribbon by coloring it with markers? Stamp an image and back it with layers of cardstock to create your own 'chipboard' element. The sky's the limit!


Here are the sketch and colors that inspired this card:

    


And............Here is my C&S card:


I also have to show off this really cool paper that I used as the "green" strip behind the blocks and flowers.  It has a holographic effect that you can't see above.  I got it at the Scrap the Day Away I went to a few weekends ago at the Art Tech Supplies booth.

Pretty cool effect when you tilt the card!

Materials Used (All materials from PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Dark Chocolate & Stamper's Select White
Inside & Out: Thank You
Fresh Snow ink
Dark Chocolate felt
Reminisce - Spicy Pumpkins design paper
Janome Sew Mini - Stitch B/Tension 4

4 comments:

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Saw this card on SCS and thought it was cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog too and leaving some love. Pinflair is a glue gel we get over here in the UK. Like silicon glue sort of but odourless. Absolutely brilliant for adhering with depth and as it's clear works with any cardstock colour too!

Tammy said...

Wonderful clean and simple sketch! Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at OTWC and Good luck! :-)

Anke said...

Wonderful CAS card

Tenia Nelson said...

What a wonderful card!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC and good luck!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...