Thursday, October 28, 2010

"Hope You Can Cling To!" - Gettin' Glimmermisted challenge and 2S4Y #64 sketch challenge

Hi, everyone!

Wow did the challenge posted for October 27th throw me for a loop.  The HYCCT - Gettin' Glimmermisted was tough for me because I had never heard of this technique........nor did I even know how to get/buy the materials that were needed for this challenge.  It goes to show you that I have SOOOOO much to learn as a newbie card maker!  Anyway, I asked lots of questions and got great responses and off to Michael's I went.  You should all buy stock in their store for as often as I seem to be frequenting it lately.....lol

Anyway, for this challenge.....these were the details:  This challenge is all about their stories. The kinds of tales that get you all misty eyed...So, here's my challenge for you: Create a card incorporating any spray ink, glimmer mist, or perfect pearls/water combo. 


 I also combined it with my very first 2 Sketches 4 You card sketch #64 challenge.  I watch this blog constantly, but by the time I come up with ideas......I miss the challenge deadline......lol  This week, I finally made it.   Here is the sketch.

I absolutely love how the paper that I glimmermisted turned out.  It's so beautiful in person.  I tried to add the little "window-box" so you could see the shimmery look a little better.  It was so cool to do this technique.


All you did was get a little mister bottle and some of Tim Holtz' Perfect Pearls, then some of his alcohol inks (I used Cranberry) and some water, leaving about a half inch so you can mix it.  You shake, shake, shake that little mister bottle until the powder isn't at the bottom anymore and then spray!  I did put an old towel in a little box (from an old PTI order.....lol) and then put my cardstock inside the box to spray.  I was afraid that the mist would get on everything.  Lastly, I took my heat gun and dried it so it wouldn't smudge.  I just love how it turned out............Now, the card???  Not my very best, but it works for both challenges.

Thanks for visiting my blog today........and if you are getting an email for this, it's Friday morning and the weekend is here!!!!



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Beautiful Blooms - Vol. 1 stamp set
Fillable Frames #4 stamp set (sentiment)
Sweet Blush, Scarlet Jewel, Stamper's Select White CS
Pink Patterns patterned paper
Scarlet Jewel ink
Versa Magic - Pixie Dust ink
Martha Stewart - Cherry Blossom punch
Kaiser Craft grosgrain ribbon
Tim Holtz - Perfect Pearls, Cranberry Alcohol Re-inker, Mister bottle

5 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty! I love the sparkle!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Ingrid Danvers said...

Beautiful card, and great take on the sketch challenge. I really like how the glimmer mist turned out.

BethieJ said...

Your card is BEAUTIFUL! Love that sparkle!!
Have a GREAT day!

Laurie said...

BEAUTIFUL! I am loving that shimmer!

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!! Love the sparkle!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...