Sunday, October 17, 2010

"Hope You Can Cling To!" Flower Power Challenge, Color Cue challenge & i {heart} to stamp challenge

I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this card!!!  I don't want to send it away, but I will because I know it will make a cancer patient just as happy as I am to see this one.  This card did take me over 2 hours to "get just right!"  I definitely think it was worth all of the planning and playing around until I got something just perfect.

I'm entering this one in the following 3 challenges: Hope You Can Cling To! Flower Power challenge, Color Cue {9} Challenge, and the i {heart} to stamp sketch challenge.

Here are the specifications for 2 of the challenges:

For the SCS "Hope You Can Cling To!" Flower Power challenge, these were the instructions: Welcome to a fabulous Friday, everyone! Let's fill up the gallery with some fab flower power, by adding at least one flower to our creations! But wait! Yours will be extra-fabilicious if you make your own flowers! C'mon! Let's rock the gallery and MD Anderson Cancer Center with flower power! 

Now, I didn't make my own.......but there are flowers everywhere on my card.....paper flowers, flower design paper and even stamped flowers!!!

Don't ya just love all those flowers???? 

I also figured out a way to stamp around a sentiment....this is probably widely known to stampers/card makers, but it's new to me.  I was going nuts trying to figure out how to get the stems to continue under the sentiment without going through the sentiment.  I didn't want to mask the stems since they were too skinny so, I came up with this idea.  I put a piece of scotch tape over the stems (took a few times to get it where I needed it to be), inked up the stamp and then pulled off the tape before positioning it over the sentiment.  The stamped stems turned out really crisp and perfectly placed!


Materials Used:
PTI - YOF - Larkspurs (sentiment); Stamper's Select White & 2008 Bitty Dot patterned paper
the {stamps} of life - Thanks2you stamp set
Stampin' Up - Sending Love design paper and Glitter Brads
Versa Fine Ink - Onyx Black
Creative Memories - Black & White paper flowers
Prima - E Line Pearls
Michael's Dancers Black Organdy ribbon
Jo-Ann's White Organdy ribbon  


Thanks for all of your comments on past posts.  It really means a lot to me and I love getting "happy comment" email notifications.......lol

8 comments:

Noora said...

This is really really beautiful!! every element is so perfectly placed! this took you ONLY two hours? God, it takes me several hours to create a simple and clean card, God knows how many hours it would take me to create a card like yours! well done!

JoAnn said...

This is beautiful. I don't blame you for not wanting to send it away, but understand that it will cheer someone up. TFS

Ally said...

Very pretty Stephanie! Love the colours and all the flowers make it such a pretty card!

Jen Carter said...

That is so cute! You did a great job masking off your stems for the sentiment too! Looks great!

Noomiy said...

wow! tou're great! lovely card!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE the way the sentiment runs right through your flower stems! So pretty!

Elise said...

Stephanie, this layered, glittered and absolutely beautiful card just makes my heat GLAD! I hope you can forgive me for taking FOREVER to get over here! Your use of the Color Cue palette from the last round is STUNNING! Please, please, please come and check out our COLORS this round - I'm certain you'll find something FUN! In the meantime, THANKS for sharing your lovely talent with W9! Yee Haw!

Dawn said...

What a gorgeous card, and so sweet of you to send it off. I am sure you brought a smile to someone's face. So enjoyed perusing your blog.

Thanks for playing along with us at Wplus9! Hope you can join us again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...