Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Hope You Can Cling To!" Challenge, Curtain Call Color Challenge and SCS Card Sketch 301 Challenge

OMG.......I'm tackling 3 challenges for one card!!!  That's definitely a record for little ole me!  I really think I'm getting better and better with my skills and making everything sort of "fit."  It's a pretty cool feeling, actually.

The THREE challenges I entered this card into are:  The Hope You Can Cling To! - Birthdays are a Piece of Cake Challenge; The Curtain Call Color Challenge and the SCS 302 Sketch Challenge.






 The card sketch and color challenges were very fun to work with.  I loved combining these two!

In the Hope You Can Cling To! - Birthdays are a Piece of Cake Challenge the rules were to:  to make a Birthday Card that includes my very most favorite stamping technique...PAPER PIECING!  Now, I've never done paper piecing before so this was a bit challenging for me.  Perhaps it was the image I chose and that fact that the pieces were so small.......but, I did it.  For this paper piecing, I stamped the cake first on the white paper and then again on the patterned paper.  Next, I cut the layers of the cake out and glued it  together.  It turned out really nice, but it took me forever to cut out the icing pieces.
Here's a close-up of the paper piecing and the lovely BLING!!!

Materials Used:
MFT: A La Modes: Time to Celebrate stamp set
Michael's - Kraft CS
PTI - True Black and Stamper's Select White CS
PTI - 2008 Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper
Martha Stewart Glitter Pens - Curry (candle flames) and Lapiz Lazuli (cake icing)
Brilliance - Platinum Planet Ink
Copics - E17, E18. BV13, C5, C7, E11, E00, E000, R29, Y21, Black 110
Silver Stickles (tray)


6 comments:

Keva said...

That is awesome! Great great job doing three challenges on one card. I've done it before and it is NOT easy! I love your card.

Stacey Schafer said...

love the sparkle on that cute cake:) thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

this is soooo gorgeous...you are fantastic to be so new...congrats, this is a fabulous passion where you will meet life long friends....have a super sweet week!

enjoy *~*

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Stephanie. Great take on all 3 challenges and great use of the colors. Thank you for playing with us at Curtain Call. :o)

Rhonda said...

Very cute Stephanie. I love this a la mode!

Christina said...

Oh how cute! You did a fabulous job with the paper piecing, and I love the sparkle you added to the icing! So great to have you join us at the Curtain Call this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...