Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Hope You Can Cling To! - Cancer is for the Birds challenge and Sweet Sunday sketch challenge

My second post for the day, so be sure to scroll down to see the pretty snowflake card I made for another challenge.

Here is the sketch for the Sweet Sunday Sketch.


I was a bit worried about how my card would look for the challenge, but it turned out much better than I had thought.  Lots of elements in the sketch that I wasn't sure would "work" together..........but, I actually think it turned out really nice.

For the HYCCT - Cancer is for the Birds challenge, here are the details:  For this challenge you are to make a card using one of your favourite feathery friends. That's right folks...Cancer is for the birds! This challenge can be masculine or feminine or even for children so you better fly at it and let's see what kind of beautiful cards we can come up with for such a GREAT cause!  




We still have some Autumn days left.......before that white stuff starts falling.....so, I'm taking advantage of all those fall colors while I still can.  Believe it or not, these were the only birdies I have in my stamp collection.  Thank goodness I just got the stamp set last week.......or I may have been out of luck.

The ribbon is dark chocolate brown, but looks black in this picture.  It really does accent the card well.
Materials Used (PTI, unless otherwise noted)
Merry Little Christmas stamp set
Gina K. - Lean On Me stamp set (sentiment)
Vintage Cream and Orange Zest CS
Dark Chocolate, Spring Moss, Terra Cotta, Scarlet Jewel & Orange Zest ink
Colorbox - Cranberry ink
Memento - Bamboo Leaves ink
Studio G. - Mustard colored ink
Rickrack Border Die
Gina K. - Autumn Splendor kit - Olive CS and mustard button
DCWV - Amber Autumn Card Stack design paper
Dark Chocolate ribbon

6 comments:

Ingrid Danvers said...

Another beautiful card. Love the colors of the leaves.

Ted said...

Just beautiful! I love how the ric rack grounds the tree. :)

Jen Carter said...

Oh, this is too cute! I love all the colors you used for the leaves!

Kristii said...

Soooo pretty!! Love the autumn colors!!! Perfect for fall!

IamDerby said...

Lovely card!

Jessica said...

Eeek! I love the multi-coloured leaves!!! Super cute card :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...