Saturday, October 16, 2010

First Batch of cards off to UT MD Anderson Cancer Center!!!

If you are wondering what this card drive is all about, take a look at the big message at the top of my blog to get all of the details!


I'm so excited to send my very first set of cards off to the Cancer Center today.  I'm really hoping that the patients get some happiness from these small gifts of hope.  It makes a person feel really good to know that you can make someone else's day with just a tiny gesture.


In reading about UT MD Anderson Cancer Center I found out a few positive things.  The most impressive is that for seven of the past nine years, including 2010, MD Anderson has ranked No. 1 in cancer care in the "America's Best Hospitals" survey published by U.S. News & World Report.



I also found their new logo.  Now, doesn't this say it all???  "MD Anderson is focused on research on causes, treatments, and prevention of cancer, with the stated mission of "Making Cancer History."



Thank-you to everyone in the medical community that is taking a stand against this horrible disease.  I know that you can find a cure.  And, in the meantime, I just want to be able to send some hope to those that need it most.


1 comment:

Lydia said...

What fantastic info! MD Anderson is an inspiration! Thank you so much for participating in our card drive - your cards are beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...