Sunday, October 17, 2010

2 "Hope You Can Cling To!" challenge cards!!!

Lots and lots of cards to make and show off!  This first is for the SCS Walk On By & Play Date Cafe challenges.


This card was created for two challenges.  For the Walk On By challenge, these were the instructions:  I'd like for you to make a card inspired by some place you walk, whether it's the library, grocery store, or local park. Pick those colors from a favorite tree you pass, or maybe you love the produce section of your grocery store...let your mind wander and your work be inspired.

And the colors to be used for the Play Date Cafe look like this:  

Well any of you that know me, know that Mike is a terrific gardner and in our yard we have the most beautiful flowers.......one of them being larkspurs.  I couldn't resist buying these stamps for just that reason!  Now, I had a challenge to use them!

I found it difficult to come up with a pale mint-ish green because I didn't have any.........but, I did my best with a patterned paper that did have some "mint-ish" swirls.

This is what I came up with:


Materials Used:
PTI - Year of Flowers: Larkspurs; Fine Linen and Spring Rain cs; Eyelet Lace die
Copic Markers - B95, B97, YG63, YG67
Unknown designer paper




7 comments:

Eva said...

GHreat card Stephanie! Wish I had some lakespurs in my yard...the bunnoes ate what I planted this past year,lol.

Ruby said...

Very pretty card! I really like the way you've done the text too, it looks lovely over the top of the pattern. Thanks for playing along with us this week at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Lovely flowers and perfect choice for the colors this week. Beautiful card. Glad you joined us this week at the PDCC.

Lisa Somerville said...

Very pretty, wonderful use of this weeks colors. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Andrea Ewen said...

Very pretty! Love that floral stamp, it's super! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Sarah Anderson said...

Those flowers are so beautiful! Great card; thanks for playing along in the cafe with us this week :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a beautiful card--that those flowers:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the PDCC!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...