Friday, October 15, 2010

2 "Hope You Can Cling To!" Cards and 3 Challenges!

I had a really trying week this week, so I'm really behind on all of the cards for the patients at the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center.  I'm going to send what I have finished so far in the mail tomorrow........then I'll send another batch at the end of the month.

For today, I did two cards that will meet 3 challenges!!!

The first will be for The Hope You Can Cling To! - Happy Flowers Challenge and the Clean & Simple 112 Challenge.

Here is the sketch for the Clean & Simple 112 Challenge:



And, here is the description for the Happy Flowers Challenge:  When my Mother was being treated for Breast Cancer I hid a paper flower for her to find every single day of her treatment. She got to look for it every time she came back in the door after the long round trip to and from treatment every day for 6+ weeks. It is little things like these that keep cancer patients focussed... so my challenge is for you to add nice big happy PAPER flower/s to your card. So think scrolled flowers, tea bag folded flowers, origami flowers, 3D die cut flowers...

 Here is my entry into both!


I got the idea for the flower from Nichole Heady's blog this week when she was giving all of us PTI addicts a sneak peek at the new releases this month.  She did a beautiful "Lazy Stamper Accordion Medallion" tutorial for some adorable Christmas tags using the new Limitless Layer Circle Dies.  Well, since these were just ordered, I didn't have them to use on my flower..........but, I did have Scalloped Circle Spellbinders!!!  Making the flower was a bit tedious, but definitely worth it.

Materials Used:
PTI - Ripe Avocado and Fine Linen cardstock
DCWV - Amber Autumn Card Stack (12x12)
PTI - Ripe Avocado Grosgrain Ribbon
PTI - Lily of the Valley stamp set (sentiment)




Hope You Can Cling To! - Somekinda Hope II Challenge

The 2nd card I made was for the Hope You Can Cling To! - Somekinda Hope II Challenge.......Now to understand the II part........Somekinda Hope I (which I haven't done yet) was to use something old and something new..........so this one was to:  
  1. Something borrowed (ok I don't mean you have to go raid your buddies craft stash, you can borrow an idea or CASE someone's creation)
  2. Something... here's the twist...NOT necessarily blue!! Cancer takes makes shapes & shades. So for your color you get to choose one of the colors from the Cancer Ribbon Awareness chart I'm attaching. I got it from the Choose Hope website.
My borrowed item was the card that gave me inspiration, which you can find here:  Stamped Vellum Snowflakes

The color of my card is dark blue because I lost a very dear friend to colon cancer last week........so this card is dedicated to her.


 Materials Used:
PTI - Enchanted Evening, Vintage Ivory & Spring Rain cardstock
Silver Vellum from JoAnn's
Trees with Trimmings stamp set (sentiment)
Snowflake Serenade stamp set 
Framed stamp set
Brilliance Ink - Pearlescent Sky Blue
VersaMagic Ink - Night Sky

4 comments:

Eva said...

The accordian flower looks great on this layout.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a terrific flower and great combo of patterned papers on your first card.

I like the color combo on the second card.

Karen C. said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend. The snowflake card is so soft and pretty and I like how you used the Framed image with the opening on the side. the accordian flower is really fun - love the colour combo!

Krista Driessen said...

Great cards !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...