Saturday, September 25, 2010

PTI September Blog Hop Challenge



This is my very first PTI Blog Hop!!! 
I'm so excited!
  
For September's Blog Hop, this was the challenge...... 
One of the most fun things about this hobby is the people you meet, whether in person or online, and
the things you can learn from them.  Now is your chance to show off any skills you might have learned
from a fellow stamper, and perhaps even give them a little shout out to thank them for the inspiration
they have provided.  Create a project using one of your favorite learned skills and perhaps after a little
blog hopping, we will ALL learn some new tips and tricks and continue to pass on the love of this hobby!


I have only been stamping and making cards for about 2 months, and with Christmas coming quickly, I have been looking for all kinds of ideas to mass produce cards.  On the SCS forums, I have found many, many threads for OSW cards (one sheet wonder).  These templates show you how to use 1 sheet of 12"x12" designer paper to make sets of cards.

Well, I don't have a lot of patterned paper and what I do have is the awesome patterns by PTI and those are 8"x8".  So............I sort of created my own for my PTI patterned paper based on many ideas I saw on SCS.  I'm going to call it my TSW (three sheet wonder........lol).  Thanks to the ladies on that forum, I got all kinds of ideas and a head start on some Christmas gifts!!!

I also have to give credit to Dawn from Dawn's Stamping Studio because this is the tutorial I used to make the cute box.  It's super easy and I just love watching her videos for ideas.

This is the cute box that I made to put the cards in.  I used PTI's Mat Stack #4 die to make the label on the front and under it is Ripe Avacado Grosgrain ribbon.
These are the first 3 cards in the set. Vintage Cream is used as the base card and PTI's patterned paper "Turning a New Leaf" was my inspiration for the other colors.   I also used PTI's Vintage Label stamps for the front card.
Here are the last 3 cards in the set.  Spellbinder dies were used for all of the circles.   Ripe Avacado & Dark Chocolate were my choices for the ink on all of the cards.
I wish I had more PTI stamps so that this set could have been completely done with PTI materials, but I'll get there.  A special thanks to everyone for visiting my blog for this hop.  Now, I can't wait to visit all of your blogs!!!

Happy Stamping!!!

26 comments:

Aimes said...

What a lovely set of cards! Great use of the gorgeous DP!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Anne said...

Great cards and pretty style!!

Marge said...

Fabulous cards; great style!!!

Kay said...

This is a great set of cards- love the colors! Your box is awesome, too!

Laura Isham said...

such a sweet set. who wouldn't want to receive this for a gift???? adorable.

Baseret said...

What a gorgeous set of cards.

Betty Wright said...

Welcome to the HOP! It is only my second one! Fun and fabulous stuff along the way! Your ensemble gift box and cards are terrific! Beautiful colors and styles! Lovely cards!

Rhonda said...

Love the box and matching cards. Very well done.

Janelle said...

Welcome to the blog hop! Great cards. Have fun building up your stash of PTI products -- it can be quite an addiction!

Audrey said...

Stephanie, you did a beautiful job! Great to have you hopping along with us! :)

Leora said...

Love your cards and the box!

Kalyber said...

what a nice little set. beautiful colors

Leah (*BeeCherryLady*) said...

I am just impressed that you are putting together cards with such good design! I mean, you can't tell at all your are newer to this..some just have natural talent, huh?!!! LOL!!! I just put an order in last night but my blog hop post only used the 3 PTI products I have! LOL!

Sue Ann said...

I am not sure how I missed this ....... The cards are truly lovely Stephanie!!! I LOVE TURNING A NEW LEAF paper ... it makes me sigh every time I see it used!!! Now that the weather is cooling off I can buy and use it!!! You mixed the patterns perfectly on these!!!

Babies- Beth said...

What beautiful cards you have made! I especially like how you turned the frame on a point- I am going to steal that idea!

Allison said...

Very pretty...a great little set as a note card gift!

Jen Carter said...

What a fun gift set! Great job using the various patterns!

Kelly in Canada said...

your cards are lovely.

Paula Laird said...

Very pretty! I love your 3 sheet wonders!

Nerina said...

What a gorgeous set you're making - and such a beautiful box to put them in when you're done. I can't imagine the joy you'd give to someone who received these as a gift! Wow!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Lovely set of cards - and brave to use so much patterned paper, I just can't seem to part with mine, lol!

peggysue said...

Happy first blog hop, GREAT set of cards!

k prakken said...

Lovely set of cards. They will make a wonderful gift.

Amy said...

This set is wonderful...I have yet to get that DP but it has been on my wish list for a long time! Someone will be very happy to receive this!

Lynn said...

Wonderful cards! I really like the earth tone colors and pretty designer papers you used!

ScrapJem said...

I can't believe you've only been making cards for two months! They're fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...