Saturday, September 11, 2010

NEW Scrappin' Room!!!!


I'm finally mostly done!!!  I still have a few things to buy and put together (2 paper shelves, a better chair and an Ott light).  But, even without those things, I was in my room all day today!!

My Scrappin' Room is in our basement.  We do have a spare room, but it is in the top floor and it just gets unbearably hot up there.............and in the winter........it's really cold.  Our basement is partially finished (DH is still putting up drywall).  There is a corner that I claimed for my past ebay packaging/mailing area........so, since I haven't done ebay selling in such a long time, I decided to do something more with that corner. 

These are the befores and afters of that area.  I'm so excited about how this turned out!

I was borrowing one of Mike's tables to use as an area to put all my papers, netbook, cutter, etc.  As you can see it wasn't very deep and everything was crammed on top AND underneath it.  Under it, I had a Serilite unit and a metal file-folder bin that I was keeping all of my paper in (mostly PTI.....love that stuff).
Since I wanted to work on a deeper type table, I was using an old, pad-topped cardtable.  You can see little Sterilite containers on the back of it that were holding all my embellishements, stamping blocks, and buttons.  This table also had my stamp cleaner, rolodex w/ all my stamps in it, pen/scissor holder, etc.  Wayyyyyyyyyyyy too cramped, even on the deeper table.  To the right and around that corner was a bookshelf that I just bought at BB&B for $20.  You can see that on top I had my Big Shot.  This shelf  was storing all my stamps in my Univenture binders, my Stamps of Life binder and a basket of punches.

Wrapping around the corner, I had another plastic storage cart and then some old shelving that I was keeping all of my Sizzix's dies/templates, Cuttlebug folders, and PTI dies in a huge basket.   You can also see a tray with the scrap papers and a box with misc. items.


What's funny is that I was okay with this space, until I didn't have place to put things and I was too crammed and it was taking me longer to find everything than it was to make something.  Soooooooo......fast-forward to today.  It has taken me about a week to build everything, and I have a few bruises and blisters to show for it.  Was it worth it??? See for yourself!

This cart is now sitting where that thin, narrow table in that first picture above.  Now I have a place for all of my ribbon (2 spools on the right side) and 3 baskets for storage.  I only have some duplicate ribbon in the bottom basket right now.

This is why I like this cart the most.  These dividers have allowed the perfect storage for my Copic markers!!!!  Since it is on wheels, I just pull it right up to my desk and use it from there.  It's awesome!!!

Next to my Copic cart is another cart.  I call it my "Cutting/Scoring" cart........lol  I love that the end table can be up or down.  Right now I have my Fiskars rotary paper cutter and my Martha Stewart scoring board.  It is the perfect height for me as I'm not bending over while doing all this cutting.  It also has more ribbon storage and 2 more drawers (which are empty, too......lol)  Notice the paper storage on the bottom?  I put my PTI paper there, for now.......until my paper shelves arrive on Monday.
In this picture you can see my BB&B shelf still being used and I moved an old, white bookshelf into my space.  It is now storing all my stamps, magazines and empty Univenture binders.  And do you see what's next to it??? 

This is just a better picture of the 9 cubes of storage!!!!  I am soooooooooo loving this!  I have my Big Shot on top along with my iHome system so that I can now have music while I work!  ;-)
This is another one of my favorite additions............a DEEP desk.  Yep, 4 more cubes for storage.  I just love it!  Everything is at my fingertips.  And, I put those black Sterilite units right underneath since my legs/knees won't reach it.  Love the extra storage option.

And here is a view of the desk and scrappin' space as you come down our basement stairs.  I love those two towers in the front.  Right now, I'm storing the mass produced Christmas cards for this year in one of them, and my other "all occasion" cards in another.  Then, I'm not sure, but I may keep my paper scraps in a few, too.  The only thing I don't like about them is the fact that you have to take the box out so you can remove the lid.  So, I'll want to put items in them that I don't use often.........like my Christmas cards.





I will be putting my 2 paper storage units right beside my cutting table in the back and moving the Copic cart beside the paper storage.  That cart will be up by me at the desk most of the time, anyway.

So.........there you have it.  Was it worth the time, bruises and blisters???? Absolutely!!!!

15 comments:

Noora said...

WOW! such a cool place! you did an INCREDIBLE JOB! the whole thing looks so organized and neat! beautiful spot!

Laurie said...

Looks so fun! It is so nice to have a place for yourself! I love it!

Dana said...

What a cozy spot to craft! Looks like a great place to be.

teegee7617 said...

It looks wonderful! Great job! Enjoy your space!

Jen Carter said...

Yeah for you!! What a great space!! I am glad that you are so happy with it!! You won't want to leave that area now!! :)

Liz said...

Only crafting for a little more than 6 weeks ? YIKES !! Will be interesting to see how you progress from here.

Carrie said...

great space! Enjoy it!! I wish I had more cubes. Someday!!

~*Joni said...

LOVE IT! I am sure you are beaming with pride seeing your before and after pictures. Totally worth the bumps and bruises, everything is such a clean slate. Funny how as crafters we make do with what we have, then as the time comes, we adjust to make it better. Ahhh, crafters are such great people. heehee! Thanks for sharing!!

gladyschia2010 said...

i love your stamping area :) its so organised!

cmoses said...

You have done a great job! Did you make the desk or buy It?

Stephanie said...

I made the desk out of cubes and desktops also bought at Michael's......The desk is sort of like 2 desks, back to back. Each side has 2 of the cubes stacked on each end, the desk tops come in packages of 2.....so that's how I got my "deep" desk. Then after assembling both halves, I just pushed them together to make the one big desk. I hope that just made sense.....lol

shellypants said...

Steph...I am jealous...My space is a mess....the kittens have terrorized it and I need some time to CLEAN and organize...right now I am hulling all my SU stuff up from the basement into the dining room to stamp so I am not depressed in the mess. It looks wonderful!!

Deb C said...

So very nice! Don't you just love the white jetmax cubes?!? Absolutely my favorite organizing piece.

Great job!

MA said...

I'm in the midst of putting on an addition to the front of my house - a computer craft room! I have about 35-40 jet max cubes in my temporary craft room.. Can you tell me if your 'deep' desk is made from two jet max desk sets? If so, great idea.

Stephanie said...

MA......When you buy the desk "top" you get a package with 2 of them in it. So, yes.....I simply connected 4 JetMax cubes under each one (2 on each side) and then put them back to back. I wanted the round corner shelves (shown on one of the JM boxes) but my Michael's doesn't carry them.....so, this was the only option I had.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...