Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mike's Birthday card

Wow!  It's been awhile since I've posted a card.  That's only because I'm constructing my new "Stampin' Room!"  I should be done this weekend and will post before and after pictures on Saturday (hopefully).

My dad's and hubby's birthdays are both on Saturday......so, I've been busy with making special cards.  I can't take total credit for Mike's card because I got the idea for the phrase and design from two different places.

The design I used was from Stamp TV's new video using the new Autumn Splendor kit.  I got my kit early last week and made this card FIRST!  I just know that Mike will love the simple lines and how "uncluttered" this card turned out. 

The sentiment came from Dawn McVey's August release card that she did for PTI's Falling Leaves set.  As soon as I saw her card, I knew that I wanted this phrase front and center for Mike's birthday this year.


I just love how the bleached leaves turned out on this one.  I'd love to try it on another color just to see it on green or an olive green (this weekend's project).  I bet it will be beautiful.  The heat embossing really makes the variation of the bleached color come to life.  The leaves just seem to pop right out at you.

Let's just hope he likes it as much as I do!  ;-)

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Wow! Such a beautiful card! He'll love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...