Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Dad's Birthday Card

I'm sooooooooooooooo stinkin' proud of this card!  This was 100% me!  No ideas from anyone!  Just the Card Patterns card sketch to give me some direction.  As I mentioned before, I have a ton of birthdays this month.  Two more are coming up on 9/11.......my dad's and my husbands.  Yep, they are both on that same day.

I have been perusing the digital stamps sites this week (honestly, didn't know there was such a thing until Suzanne Dean mentioned Tiddly Inks in her blog).  What a concept!  I can get images and even sets of images for much cheaper than rubber stamps.........AND I GET TO COLOR RIGHT AWAY!!!  LOL  And, while perusing, I came across the one I used on my card called "Daddy's Girl."  How perfect!

I'm entering my Daddy's Little Girl card in 2 challenges this week.  The first is Tiddly Inks challenge which is called: Goodbye Summer.  For this challenge you get to pick a Tiddly Inks image and make it into a fall or end of summer card.  I chose the browns, oranges and greens to help with the "fall" colors.  I think she turned out adorable.

The 2nd challenge will be Card Patterns: Sketch 79 challenge.  I simply flipped the design for my card.

Here is the sketch and below it is my dad's card!





Materials Used:
Tiddly Inks - Daddy's Girl Digital Stamp
Copic Markers
DCWV - Amber Autumn Card Stock
DCWV- Amber Autumn Fall Stack paper
PTI - Leaf Prints Die
PTI - Scarlet Jewel Topnotch Twill
PTI - Dark Chocolate Ink
Brilliance - Cosmic Copper (sponged leaves)

8 comments:

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Very cute, Stephanie. :) So glad you joined in this week. Love the rich colors you used. :)

CraftyMomOf2 said...

So adorable Stephanie!!! Don't you love Tiddly Inks?? If you're not already, you're going to be hooked!! =) So glad to hear that you're enjoying this amazing craft. It's so cathartic...I find after a long day of whatever it is we all do every day!!!

Anyway - gorgeous card! Can't wait to see more!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

DonnaMundinger said...

PRECIOUS! this is one of my ALL TIME favorite Tiddly Inks images! (I'm a Daddy's girl myself!) I promise you you won't be stopping at one. Tiddly Inks are the cutest EVER! Thanks forr joining us this week! Hope to see you again soon! xxD

Shirley said...

What a great job you did with this image and this card. Your Dad is going to love it.

mforquer said...

Oh this is just too cute - I love this image! You did a fabulous job with all the fall colors!
Melissa

Larissa said...

Such a sweet card! Love the colours you used. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Nancy said...

how precious....I know he'll just cherish this....welcome to the challenges...hope to see you stop by again....thanks for joining us this week at Tiddly Inks...

Hugs
Nancy

Mandi said...

Too cute! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...