Monday, August 23, 2010

When you think you can't...........You CAN!!!

I was so upset yesterday because everything I created, I pitched in the garbage can.  I just couldn't get the colors to look right, have the right embellishments to go with the card or find the perfect ribbon to accent anything.  I was so frustrated that I honestly gave up and stamped a flower from Stampin' Up's Doodle This stamp set (a neighbor let me borrow this one. Thanks, Lisa!!!!) to color with my Copics.  The coloring came out great but I just couldn't chance putting together another card that I wouldn't like, so the rest of the evening I perused blogs and forums.

Today, I got home from school (my first day.....students arrive on Wednesday) and my order from PTI had arrived.  I ordered a bunch of stamp sets for fall and thought I'd do something with those.  But, when I went down to my scrapping room, the colored flower was sitting out for me to see first.

Then I remembered that I wanted to make a card for secretary at school.  She does so much for all of us, yet, I'm sure, is not told "Thank-you" nearly enough.  Wouldn't that flower look gorgeous on a card???  Instant idea and perfect card made.  The mojo was back!............Thank goodness, because I was beginning to think that even being new to this that maybe I was getting in over my head.



Materials Used:
PTI cardstock in Terracotta Tile for the base  
PTI's Inside & Out: Thank-You stamp set w/ Terracotta Tile ink  
Pure Luxury 80lb. paper stamped with Memento ink. 
Stampin' Up - Doodle This stamp set
The flower is done in Copics: YR02, YR07, YR09

Toss in some DCWV cardstock for mounting from JoAnn's and a little ribbon from Ollies and you have a great card!  ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...