Monday, August 30, 2010

SCS Swap Forums......Just Lovin' them!

I mentioned yesterday that I would post about a neat way to get images to color with my Copics, so this is the post for that.

I've been visiting quite a few forums to get ideas but hadn't really looked much at SplitCoaststampers because it seemed a bit intimidating to me.  All of the members have such gorgeous, gorgeous cards and papercrafts, that I just didn't think I would be able to "fit in".......just yet, anyway.

On Saturday morning, I decided to look into the SCS swap forums.  They have all kinds of swaps from cards, to recipes........but, what I didn't expect was finding the Products & Images swap.  This was like hitting a gold mine for me.  I now have a good amount of copics......about 35, but I don't have stamps that are made to color in.  I mostly have sentiments and designs.....so this was perfect.

I joined 2 of the swaps because I didn't have many image stamps to swap out..........but, I will soon.  All I have to do is stamp my images w/ good ink and on good paper and mail them to a hostess.  She in-turn combines mine with all of the other participants' images.  She then mixes up baggies for all of us with different images and sends those images in place of the ones we sent her.............TAAAAAA DAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! ...........Lots of images to color.  It will take a few weeks as there is a deadline for everyone to meet.  Then I can start coloring and creating more cute cards.

This is such a fun way to get images that you don't have stamps for.......then, if you really have fallen in love with one, you can buy it to use over and over again.  I just think this is a great, great opportunity for a newbie card maker and for anyone looking for new images that doesn't want to buy more stamps.

Thanks SCS for your wonderful forums and swaps.  I'll be frequenting them often!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...