Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Little Christmas for my best friends

I have a group of 7 other ladies that I do sooooooooooo many things with.  We are such a close-knit group, and I love that we share in so much.

A few years back, we started attending a local wine festival together.  We now rent a condo and stay for 3-4 days and laugh so hard that we come home with sore abs.  I love these girls with all my heart...........Their friendship means the world to me.

I have been showing them my creations thus far, but this one is a secret, so shhhhhhhhhhhh!

So, as mentioned in a previous post, I have been interested in Copic markers.  When I placed my order with Oozaks (the fastest shipper in the west..........well, the East, but you get the picture), I also ordered my first Penny Black wood mounted stamp.  When I saw it, I knew who I would be using it for.

For this card, I used all Papertrey Ink products and really like my finished card.  I added some glitter on the hats and heat embossed the cheers.  I used PTI's Holiday Wishes stamp set on the inside and it really turned out perfectly.  I even used Suzanne Dean's tutorial for hair coloring to match each of my friends with a card that matches their hair color..........How anal is that?  ;-)

My "blondie"!

My "brunette!"
The inside.



Now that all of the girls have their cards........I can post for you to see!  It's so much fun surprising others with items you make personally for them.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Cute cards Stephanie - and I do the same thing with hair color when I make cards for my friends! I love your simple layout and the paper you chose to go with this image.

Michelle Philippi said...

I love that each one got the hair color to match their own...that's not anal...that's just thoughtful ;) Sounds like a nice little group you have - friendships like that are hard to come by.

Anne B said...

Those are super cute Stephanie - and I love that you customised the look for your recipients :)

Karen C. said...

Customized cards are always so appreciated - I'm sure the same is true for your friends. Knowing how much you think of them is a gift itself.

Monica K. said...

What cute cards!! I like the thought you put into them and even colored their hair to match. Sounds like a really fun group!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...