Monday, August 9, 2010

Finding the perfect Christmas card

I decided that making Christmas cards was going to be my task through October.  I began looking through galleries and websites to find the "perfect" card.  I stumbled upon Papertrey Ink and have not looked back.  I've already placed 2 larger orders and will be purchasing another very soon.  All of their products are of such high quality that I will limit myself to buying from the local retailers.......they just can't compare.

Soooooooooo, I found this card done by Heather Nichols and I fell in love.  Of course, when you look at that link, she so very kindly listed all of the items needed to replicate it.  I ordered what I could and purchased a few other items and created my own, based on her design.

This is what I came up with and now have 60 of them made and ready to mail!  The main difference is that I used a snowflake punch for the edge, but I also used a different stamp for the outside and different ribbon.  It is basically the same, but I thank Heather so much for posting the materials, because for this beginner, I could never have done this on my own.

Inside view

2 comments:

liza0183 said...

This is a really good version of this card :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Liza!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...