Monday, August 9, 2010

Card Sketch Contests........How FUN!!!

I have been hunting all kinds of blogs and information to teach myself new techniques........Of course, using Copic markers was one of the things I was VERY interested in.  I was wondering how so many people were coloring their stamped images with such pretty colors.  Then I ran across Suzanne Dean's blog.  OMG, I knew it was true love.  The free tutorials she offers via YouTube, amazed me.  She explains so, so well and you actually see the magic happen right before your eyes.  As you can imagine, I subscribed to her blog and Color Me Creative blog immediately.

Fast forward a few days later and I get an email because she posted to her blog.  In it, she had a "sketch" challenge.  I had never heard of one of these as I had only been card making for a little over a week.......but, I thought, "What the heck.  I'll try."  Since I just stopped at JoAnn's and bought some beautiful fall paper, I was thrilled to see that one of the themes you could use was "All About Fall."  That was all the incentive that I needed.

This was what I created based on her sketch:


I was so proud of myself because I actually did this on my own.......No tutorials!  No set stamps to use!  Just my own creativity.

I chose to heat emboss the little blue and green circles at the bottom and a touch of ribbon to finish it nicely.  I'm pretty proud of this one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...