Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Blue & Brown Autumn

I think this card is my absolute favorite so far.  I just love, love, love the color combination and the fact that I only used 1 orange leaf to draw the eye. 

I have to admit, I'm so bad at making bows.  At one time I bought this huge bowmaker thingy w/ 2 posts that stuck up in the center and you wrapped the ribbon, this way and that...........well, my bows looked like a glob of rolled up tape when I was done, so I just settled with the fact that I could NOT make bows and that I would have to buy them.

But, in making cards and looking at blogs, everyone has such pretty bows, so I thought I'd try again.  This bow was my very first using the Bow Easy that I bought from Gina K.'s site.  Once I got it, I followed video tutorials by both Gina K. and Suzanne Dean (there was no way I could have done it with just the directions they provide in the packaging).  It was soooooooo easy using that little piece of plastic!!!  I don't think I'll ever make another bow without using this clever little tool.


Materials Used:
DCWV card base & cardstock for mounting
PTI - Falling Leaves stamp set, 
PTI Ink - Terracotta Tile and Deep Chocolate


I don't want to give this one away!

3 comments:

BeeBeebabs said...

Beautiful card thanks for sharing!!!

Karen Howard said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Hugs, Karen

P.S. If you love challenges you will love this blog: www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much, Karen! I will look at it often. Feel free to add any of my challenge sites to your blog. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...