Saturday, August 28, 2010

Birthdays, SCS & Penny Black Challenges

September is a big birthday month for me.  I usually have to buy 10 cards this month for family and friends.  This year, obviously, I'm going to make them.  Not sure what I'll make for the male birthdays, but I'll find something.  ;-)

Today I started 2 of the cards I needed.  I got more Copics this week and some more Penny Black stamps.  She has the cutest little stamps that I can color.  I only got to make 2 because I was doing some stamping for a swap (which I'll post about tomorrow).  Anyway........while making the cards, I made one to fit the SplitCoastStampers & the Penny Black Challenges.

The Penny Black Challenge was simply called: Summer Lovin'  Any card made with any of her images depicting a summer theme........so, flowers will work!  Since both of the cards use her Betsy Bluebell stamp set......I'll link this post to her challenge.

The 2nd challenge at SplitCoastStampers used this sketch for this week's challenge.




The card above will hit both challenges!!!  For this one, I used my Big Kick machine to emboss the PTI cardstock in Smokey Shadow with a Cuttlebug folder called Organic Flourish.  Then I colored Patty Black's Betsy Bluebell image with Copics and mounted it on PTI's Ocean Tides cardstock.  Stamped one of the sentiments from Sizzix's Birthday Phrases set and then added the orange flower embellishment from Michael's.



This next card will only work for the Penny Black challenge.  I did it for another birthday this month.   This will be the one we send to Mike's sister, as he liked this one a little bit better than the first one I posted.  It's the same image, just colored differently.
 

3 comments:

kath said...

sweet cards stephanie......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxx

joey said...

Fabuloua cards Stephanie I love the embossing, thanks for joinng us at pbsc. Joey.x

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, adorable cards.
luv
Debby

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...